Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What are your guinea pigs called and what do they look like?

FloChild

Cavy Gazer
Hello, I'm a new member :)
I will be naming some new guinea pigs soon, so I thought it would be nice to hear about your piggies and what they look like :)

I have two brown and white sows, sisters Hazel and Mia. Hazel short haired with a white strip down her nose and a rectangular ginger patch on her tummy. Her sister Mia has the same ginger patch but she is mostly white with brown patches, and her hair sticks up everywhere because she is rosetted. It actually looks like she has a funny hairstyle. My other guinea pig looks like a little Oreo, hence why I named him "Oreo" but he is also known as "Oz". He is mostly black white white on his face so that he looks like a badger, his markings are so distinctive that when I showed my friends photos they thought I had adopted a baby badger. He also has a blue eye on the right side.

Hazel is pregnant with 2-3 mini pigs (as my sister likes to call the pups) and Mia is pregnant with 3-4. I will be keeping either one girl or two girls and I need names :)

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, Wow! You have a lot of pigs on the way. How did both of your pigs end up pregnant?

Dino222

Cavy Gazer
I named my pig Abby, not sure why other than I like the name. My previouse pig was named Lucky and im not honestly sure why I chose that either.

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
We have 2 pig, Olive and Peanut. Olive is all black and very small (1.3lbs, maybe 8in long). Peanut is crested and brown. She has 2 shades of brown and a bit of white in her crest. She's also getting very big (1.9lbs and 11in long).

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Your pigs sound adorable! I have two sows Cookie and S'mores. They are both brown, white, and black. S'mores has brown eyebrows and is more white than Cookie.
So Oreo is a boy? are you keeping them all together?

Selenaah

Cavy Slave
I have to boars, but i didn't name my second one until about 2 weeks after I Adopted him, I just go with the flow and find a name that fits, their personality

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have a lone sow named Moo. Her much older cage mate passed away recently and I'm not exactly ready to get her a new friend just yet, I didn't take her passing very well.

IMG_20130522_203357_zps93ef891f.jpg
IMG_20151216_124614.jpg
IMG_20151216_123938.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I'm unsure if the litters you had are accidental, but please remember that this forum is pro-adoption and that we don't advocate breeding guinea pigs at all. If you're interested in finding out why, you can find out here.

pawner69

Cavy Slave
I have seven...Nilla (neutered boy) and the girls, Alice (age 6), Rose (age 4), and the 2 year olds..Marsha, Carmel,
Maisy, and Cuddles. All rescues.

uploadfromtaptalk1450274225900.jpg

Mikko

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I'm unsure if the litters you had are accidental, but please remember that this forum is pro-adoption and that we don't advocate breeding guinea pigs at all. If you're interested in finding out why, you can find out here.

Moo is adorable! What a cutie!

But the link you posted isn't working for me...

FloChild

Cavy Gazer

Second, Wow! You have a lot of pigs on the way. How did both of your pigs end up pregnant?

Oreo was sexed incorrectly, he originally lived with Hazel and Mia and then when they became obviously pregnant we realised Oreo was a boar.

FloChild

Cavy Gazer
I have a lone sow named Moo. Her much older cage mate passed away recently and I'm not exactly ready to get her a new friend just yet, I didn't take her passing very well.

View attachment 77708
View attachment 77709
View attachment 77710

Hi, your pigs are cute :) secondly thank you, I know this is pro-adoption as there are so many poor piggies without homes, I am completely in support of adoption. As I mentioned to another user just now, Oreo was sexed incorrectly and lived with my girls originally so yes it was a mistake, we have sorted everything out to the proper standards :)

FloChild

Cavy Gazer

View attachment 77708
View attachment 77709
View attachment 77710

Hi, I'm sorry the previous response was not correct. I allowed my friend on my phone and she answered for me because I was busy, but she completely made it up without asking me :/ sorry about that! No what actually happened was I went on holiday and asked my friend (that friend) to care for my pigs, unfortunately she mixed up the cages and put the three of them in together. It was a total accident, and I am in support of adoption and understand the risks and potential problems with pregnancies. I have been so worried!! I am so sorry about the previous post, she meant well but she made it up to protect herself (which is why I am not revealing her name). It was an honest mistake of hers but I felt the need to actually correct that post she had made because sexing a guinea pig incorrectly is not something that would happen because luckily my mum used to show guinea pigs and she knows everything about them :)

FloChild

Cavy Gazer

Hi, sorry, as I just mentioned to the owner of the adorable Moo, my friend wrote that previous response to you while she was on my phone without my permission. It was to protect herself because Hazel and Mia are actually pregnant due to her (my friend) accidentally mixing up the cages and putting Oreo in with them (she thought he was lonely, we were in the process of buying him a cage mate and giving him lots of attention so he did not get lonely at the time) while I was on holiday, so yes, sorry about that previous post!!

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
My pigs are Lucy and Snickers, 4-year-old females. I gave Lucy her name. Snickers was named that when we adopted her and my son elected to keep it. They are both tri-color short hairs. And Randy, a 6-month-old neutered male. He is solid while crested. He also came with the name Randy. My daughter was trying to think of a good name for him, but we all just kept calling him Randy and it stuck!
WP_20151108_010.jpg

Eat the cheese

Cavy Slave
I have two girls called Twitch and Pig-a-boo. Twitch had her face upon this photo at just the right time. lol
P1050038.jpg

clarkkatarina

Cavy Slave
My husband and I have five girls - Rosie and Hilda were adopted togetber. Rosie is white and grey, and Hilda is black with some orange speckling. Then there's the newest baby, Millie, who is a teddy guinea and she's got fluffy black and white fur with kinked whiskers! Jane Cena is Millie's cage mate, who is a light brown with orange stripes, and Diana "The Rock" Johnson is orange, black, and white striped. All different, all adorable balls of fur!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.