Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Three baby boars in Western Sydney, Australia

RedJr

Cavy Slave
[I was going to post this in the adoption section, but majority of those posts were based in the US, so I thought I might have better luck here]

Story time!

In October, I adopted a young sow (approx. 6-8 months) from the RSPCA. While I had my suspicions at first, it quickly became very clear that she was pregnant.

She gave birth on the 17th Nov to three boys and one girl. I'd love to keep all the babies, but I sadly don't have the time or resources to look after seven pigs (I already have two sows). Additionally, Cas (the mother) has had complications due to the large litter and her small frame, prolapsing four times before the vet agreed to neuter her.

I will keep the baby girl, but I need help in re-homing the three boys. I've already contacted every guinea pig sanctuary that I can find in Sydney, and disappointingly, only one has replied (they are at capacity).

Is anyone looking for, or know of anyone interested in adopting young boars? In a perfect world, I'd love for them to stay together, however I know this may not be possible. I am located near Blacktown in Western Sydney.

"Bill":
IMG_1026.jpg

"Ted":
IMG_1019.jpg

"Dumbo":
IMG_1011.jpg

Comely Guineas

Cavy Slave
I'm not from Sydney but best of luck finding homes for these cuties

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just in case you're not aware, the males should be separated from the females by now, as they're plenty old enough to produce more babies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.