Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

katkor03

Cavy Slave
I LOVE the mini piggy garden! How do you heat that though, or make sure it's covered and they're safe? I assume you'd bring them inside for the cold months I guess.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I LOVE the mini piggy garden! How do you heat that though, or make sure it's covered and they're safe? I assume you'd bring them inside for the cold months I guess.

Not sure but if I had a finished basement, i would make it there.

daydreamer89

Cavy Slave
as weird as it might be this is my dream cage. (from the cage store :( costs way way way to much to ship here though, and ill never be able to cut coroplast that perfect haha)
(added some white LED lights around the outside, some red and black fleece, and willow toys/hides)
blackandwhiteh800.jpg

Mikko

Cavy Slave
as weird as it might be this is my dream cage. (from the cage store :( costs way way way to much to ship here though, and ill never be able to cut coroplast that perfect haha)
(added some white LED lights around the outside, some red and black fleece, and willow toys/hides)
View attachment 77557

I think that's a great dream cage. Sometimes over the top fancy just doesn't work but this is very sleek too.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
My dream cage is to not have a cage :) I would like a small bedroom with a screen door or Dutch door for them to free roam in. I'd also have a cozy chair in it for me to sit and read the day away with the pigs :)

kemmm

Cavy Slave
My dream cage is to not have a cage :) I would like a small bedroom with a screen door or Dutch door for them to free roam in. I'd also have a cozy chair in it for me to sit and read the day away with the pigs :)
OMG YES. That is what I want for my pigs as well.
Unfortunately, I live in a one bedroom apartment at the moment.

scoottie

Cavy Slave

My dream cage is of course pink because I am such a girly girl.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
This has been a favorite of mine too. I just love the look.

nice cage.jpg

kemmm

Cavy Slave
That looks great!
That's something that's definitely doable as well.

Mikko

Cavy Slave

Oh wow. I never knew I'd like something like this so much. When I get fleece and a cage I enjoy this will definitely be the pattern of fleece I'd consider getting.

Mikko

Cavy Slave
OMG YES. That is what I want for my pigs as well.
Unfortunately, I live in a one bedroom apartment at the moment.
Also renting just one room right now...
There was a room that the renter hadn't rented out yet that I was using as the pig's play area but just recently rented out the vacant room.
Pig room would be so good!

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
That cage looks nice, but it doesn't provide appropriate space for the guinea pigs. That cage is transformed from Ikea shelving. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99030588/ Each floor is 57" x 15", which is about 6 sq.ft. It's too narrow for guinea pigs to run laps.

Also I see a wheel on the bottom floor and just a reminder please do not put those in your guinea pigs cage.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Also I see a wheel on the bottom floor and just a reminder please do not put those in your guinea pigs cage.

Good catch. I didn't even notice that. Now that I looked at the picture again, I think the bottom cage is not connected to the top. Looks like the top 3 levels are for guinea pigs, and the bottom cage might be for a hedgehog.

Mikko

Cavy Slave
Good catch. I didn't even notice that. Now that I looked at the picture again, I think the bottom cage is not connected to the top. Looks like the top 3 levels are for guinea pigs, and the bottom cage might be for a hedgehog.

Yea, the website I stole the picture from said that the bottom area was for their hedgehog.
But, having a reminder of no wheels for guinea pigs is always good to have as I was close to getting one with a pet store's recommendation a couple of times!

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
i so badly wanted to get a "bunny ball" for my pigs but thankfully I did research first. I just carry them around on my shoulder/chest instead.

amp2375

Cavy Slave
2133ed68ed2cf088e8fcc1b0c8bca547.jpg

Something a little more simple like this is honestly my dream cage, & we're hoping in less than a month to make that dream come true since my poor piggy is in a temporary store bought cage 😕

HazelEyedGirl

Cavy Gazer
View attachment 77497

I've always wanted to have a set-up kind of like this, only 1 grid higher off the floor, and an L-shaped 2x6 (or 2x7) instead.

Just curious, what is holding up the cage? Mine is on the floor and I'd like to try to get it off the floor.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.