Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

  1. #21
    Cavy Slave katkor03's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 13, 2015
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    24
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    I LOVE the mini piggy garden! How do you heat that though, or make sure it's covered and they're safe? I assume you'd bring them inside for the cold months I guess.

  2. #22
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 21, 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,292
    Thanks
    734
    Thanks
    523 Rec'd/459 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    415 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by katkor03 View Post
    I LOVE the mini piggy garden! How do you heat that though, or make sure it's covered and they're safe? I assume you'd bring them inside for the cold months I guess.
    Not sure but if I had a finished basement, i would make it there.

  3. #23
    Cavy Slave daydreamer89's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 15, 2015
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    24
    Thanks
    31 Rec'd/25 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    as weird as it might be this is my dream cage. (from the cage store costs way way way to much to ship here though, and ill never be able to cut coroplast that perfect haha)
    (added some white LED lights around the outside, some red and black fleece, and willow toys/hides)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackandwhiteh800.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	77557

  4. #24
    Cavy Slave Mikko's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 27, 2015
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    12
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer89 View Post
    as weird as it might be this is my dream cage. (from the cage store costs way way way to much to ship here though, and ill never be able to cut coroplast that perfect haha)
    (added some white LED lights around the outside, some red and black fleece, and willow toys/hides)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackandwhiteh800.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	77557
    I think that's a great dream cage. Sometimes over the top fancy just doesn't work but this is very sleek too.

  5. #25
    Cavy Slave barbaramudge's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 24, 2013
    Location
    Clawson, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,226
    Thanks
    111
    Thanks
    275 Rec'd/187 Posts
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    My dream cage is to not have a cage I would like a small bedroom with a screen door or Dutch door for them to free roam in. I'd also have a cozy chair in it for me to sit and read the day away with the pigs
    Using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Cavy Slave kemmm's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 22, 2015
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    9
    Thanks
    24 Rec'd/14 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by barbaramudge View Post
    My dream cage is to not have a cage I would like a small bedroom with a screen door or Dutch door for them to free roam in. I'd also have a cozy chair in it for me to sit and read the day away with the pigs
    OMG YES. That is what I want for my pigs as well.
    Unfortunately, I live in a one bedroom apartment at the moment.

  7. #27
    Cavy Slave scoottie's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 31, 2015
    Location
    North Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    6
    Thanks
    73 Rec'd/67 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)



    My dream cage is of course pink because I am such a girly girl.

  8. "Thank you, scoottie, for this useful post," says:


  9. #28
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 21, 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,292
    Thanks
    734
    Thanks
    523 Rec'd/459 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    415 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    This has been a favorite of mine too. I just love the look.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nice cage.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	77579

  10. "Thank you, lunarminx, for this useful post," says:


  11. #29
    Cavy Slave kemmm's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 22, 2015
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    9
    Thanks
    24 Rec'd/14 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lunarminx View Post
    This has been a favorite of mine too. I just love the look.
    That looks great!
    That's something that's definitely doable as well.

  12. #30
    Cavy Slave Mikko's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 27, 2015
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    12
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lunarminx View Post
    This has been a favorite of mine too. I just love the look.
    Oh wow. I never knew I'd like something like this so much. When I get fleece and a cage I enjoy this will definitely be the pattern of fleece I'd consider getting.

  13. #31
    Cavy Slave Mikko's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 27, 2015
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    12
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by kemmm View Post
    OMG YES. That is what I want for my pigs as well.
    Unfortunately, I live in a one bedroom apartment at the moment.
    Also renting just one room right now...
    There was a room that the renter hadn't rented out yet that I was using as the pig's play area but just recently rented out the vacant room.
    Pig room would be so good!

  14. #32
    Cavy Slave Beatrix187's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 13, 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    554
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    35
    Thanks
    87 Rec'd/82 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lissie View Post
    That cage looks nice, but it doesn't provide appropriate space for the guinea pigs. That cage is transformed from Ikea shelving. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99030588/ Each floor is 57" x 15", which is about 6 sq.ft. It's too narrow for guinea pigs to run laps.

    .
    Also I see a wheel on the bottom floor and just a reminder please do not put those in your guinea pigs cage.

  15. "Thank you, Beatrix187, for this useful post," says:


  16. #33
    Administrator lissie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 25, 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    9,334
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanks
    2,341 Rec'd/1,698 Posts
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1004 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix187 View Post
    Also I see a wheel on the bottom floor and just a reminder please do not put those in your guinea pigs cage.
    Good catch. I didn't even notice that. Now that I looked at the picture again, I think the bottom cage is not connected to the top. Looks like the top 3 levels are for guinea pigs, and the bottom cage might be for a hedgehog.

  17. #34
    Cavy Slave Mikko's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 27, 2015
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    12
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lissie View Post
    Good catch. I didn't even notice that. Now that I looked at the picture again, I think the bottom cage is not connected to the top. Looks like the top 3 levels are for guinea pigs, and the bottom cage might be for a hedgehog.
    Yea, the website I stole the picture from said that the bottom area was for their hedgehog.
    But, having a reminder of no wheels for guinea pigs is always good to have as I was close to getting one with a pet store's recommendation a couple of times!

  18. #35
    Cavy Slave Saylavi's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 02, 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    551
    Thanks
    266
    Thanks
    115 Rec'd/94 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix187 View Post
    Also I see a wheel on the bottom floor and just a reminder please do not put those in your guinea pigs cage.
    i so badly wanted to get a "bunny ball" for my pigs but thankfully I did research first. I just carry them around on my shoulder/chest instead.

  19. #36
    Cavy Slave amp2375's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 26, 2015
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    2
    Thanks
    9 Rec'd/8 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)



    Something a little more simple like this is honestly my dream cage, & we're hoping in less than a month to make that dream come true since my poor piggy is in a temporary store bought cage 😕

  20. #37
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Dec 18, 2015
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Attachment 77497

    I've always wanted to have a set-up kind of like this, only 1 grid higher off the floor, and an L-shaped 2x6 (or 2x7) instead.
    Just curious, what is holding up the cage? Mine is on the floor and I'd like to try to get it off the floor.

  21. #38
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 21, 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,292
    Thanks
    734
    Thanks
    523 Rec'd/459 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    415 Post(s)

    Re: Dream Cages (with Pictures!)

    Quote Originally Posted by HazelEyedGirl View Post
    Just curious, what is holding up the cage? Mine is on the floor and I'd like to try to get it off the floor.
    Grids are holding it off the floor. You can build your own with a box of grids, just use the connectors and zip ties or you can buy it from the cage store, that is what the photo looks like she did with the lime bins.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cagestand.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	77737
    http://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/c...o#.VnVplFIyPfY

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •