Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Nugget passed away last night, worried about others.

spookyandbabies

Cavy Gazer
My eldest guinea pig nugget, he was around 3 years old passed away yesterday. I came home from work and he was laying hiding behind his little house on his back. He wouldn't wake up. I had Nugget and Mouse (1 year old) in one large cage and Jackjack in a separate cage (he's a bully sometimes). About a week ago I noticed hair loss on nuggets back, I asked one of my friends who has had guineas her whole life and she said not too worry about it, that it was just stress. He was eating and drinking normally from what I could tell, but it was a busy week with work.

Since Nugs passing mouse has not been eating as much or drinking his water. He will only come out of his house as im leaving the room and is extremely quieter than normal. JJ & the rest of the crew used to scream as soon as I walked into the room, now since they're quiet its sort of eerie. :(

I was wondering if I could have some advice on what to do? Do guinea pigs experience depression(Mouse)? Any ideas on how my baby or what my baby passed away from? I booked a Vet appointment for them on Monday, any question suggestions please? I planned on bringing just mouse to the vet since they shared a cage in case its a serious illness but should I bring my other piggy too just in case?

Thank you guys so much in advance, I appreciate it.

minniesmom

Cavy Slave
I would separate them from the room, deep clean the cages. Make sure mouse is ok. Ask the vet if the others could be in danger. Find out what happened before getting too scared! I know that's hard! I was so picky about my babies! I'm sorry about your baby dying. It's hard to lose your friend/family!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.