Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Re: Guinea Pig Wishlist

Ordering my guinea pig a bunnybox for Christmas since they are safe for piggies now too.
    Saw a few unboxing videos from guinea pig lovers and thought it would be a great way to give my piggies a present for their first Christmas with me (and together)!

Thanks
    Thanks
    696 Rec'd/601 Posts
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)

@Mikko, after you receive your bunny box, could you please post on how well your pigs liked the products. I've seen this product posted on Cari's Little Piggies video but I wasn't sure if guinea pigs would really enjoy the items.

Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

They are getting a homemade veggie cake with pellets and other food they like probably.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    523 Rec'd/459 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    415 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikko View Post
    Ordering my guinea pig a bunnybox for Christmas since they are safe for piggies now too.
    Saw a few unboxing videos from guinea pig lovers and thought it would be a great way to give my piggies a present for their first Christmas with me (and together)!

Do they ship in the USA too?

Thanks
    Thanks
    73 Rec'd/67 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lunarminx View Post
    Do they ship in the USA too?
    They do it costs an extra 10pounds or $15.08

https://getbunnybox.com/how-it-works/#tgg-4

Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    @Mikko, after you receive your bunny box, could you please post on how well your pigs liked the products. I've seen this product posted on Cari's Little Piggies video but I wasn't sure if guinea pigs would really enjoy the items.
    I'd be happy to. My pigs will probably be quite excited by them because they haven't had too many boredom busters.
    What made me decide to try it was this video:

(If you want to see how piggies react to the products you can skip to about 13:20 in.)

Thanks
    Thanks
    73 Rec'd/67 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus_Hermes View Post
    @ThePigAlchemist, thank you! Itís been a year in the making, and Iím so happy to finally bring ratties home!

@scoottie, I have two rats. I adopted them from a great rescue: only adopts out pairs/groups, made sure I had the right cage and the right block food, gave me the dangerous food list. But I figure thereís a lot of foods that arenít technically dangerous foods, but I still shouldnít feed them, or at least not often. I didnít know about the possible lactose intolerance, I will pay more attention next time I give them dairy. Iím a vegetarian, but my carnivore mom, who lives a mile away, is saving healthy meat scraps for them, while my dad collects veggie scraps for the piggies, family effort.

@lunarminx,Iím still new, but I have the rat and pig cages at opposite sides of the living room with no worries. The rats have zero interest in the pigs, and Icarus has zero interest in the rats. Osiris is having some jealous issues and demands noms if I pay too much attention to the rat side of the room. But even Osiris is fine when I hold him on the couch next the rat cage. I second @sallyvh, critter nation cages are great, the rats arenít breaking out, plus my male rats, while tiny compared to my cuy pig, are still too big to fit through a C&C hole.

@sallyvh, my pigs have never tried Oxbow botanical hay, but my nearest (pro-adoption) pet store carries it last I checked. Iím tempted, maybe the pigs will get more than a big salad for Christmas.
    Yeah I learned quickly that one of my girls was lactose intolerant (I noticed it because they were fully potty trained) but the other one wasn't. So what was the favorite yogies or what I called sugar drops (because of the high sugar content) was off the treats list. Also they do need veggies but be careful on which veggies you decided on because cleaning a litter box with loose stool is not fun.

Thanks
    Thanks
    80 Rec'd/68 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scoottie View Post
    Yeah I learned quickly that one of my girls was lactose intolerant (I noticed it because they were fully potty trained) but the other one wasn't. So what was the favorite yogies or what I called sugar drops (because of the high sugar content) was off the treats list. Also they do need veggies but be careful on which veggies you decided on because cleaning a litter box with loose stool is not fun.
    So far no troubles. The rats get veggies, fruit, and "human food" protein regularly, just in small amounts, and no pet store treats. I'm lucky they took to using the litter pan quickly so I can monitor them. (Family thinks I'm weird for that, but whatever. Happy poops, happy furbabies, happy mommy.)

I think I'm going to try botanical hay for the pigs this Xmas. Need to brainstorm on the rats.

User Tag List