Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi! New to the forum, owner of two beautiful Abyssinian boars <3

Jenifer Ann

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone, very excited to be a member of the site. So many things to learn about!
I previously owned a Silkie boar who lived 8 years, may he RIP <3 now I have two 3 month old Abyssinian boars!
Not familiar with the breed, but they are very lively!

Here's a picture of when I first brought them home. Now they are in a 2x4 C&C and they love it, popcorning everywhere.
Anyone else have Abyssinians?

Attachments

12039001_1194728637220446_5204038542657006693_o.jpg

PudgePig

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! They're sooo cute. :) I have 2 Abyssinians and 1 American Shorthair. The Abby's are much more vocal and mischievous. :)

Jenifer Ann

Cavy Gazer
Awe :3 I have noticed Goku (black/brown) is very vocal, there usually isn't any moment where he isn't beeping or something, he constantly talks! On the other hand Vegeta (white/brown/black) he doesn't say a word unless it's food time and bags crinkle and even then it's not nearly as loud as Goku's noises.

Goku is the dominant one and slightly bigger.

Elizabeth Nuss

Cavy Slave
I have 2 Abbys myself!
(broken link removed)Hope you stick around!

Comely Guineas

Cavy Slave
I have 2 Abyssinian boars too :) One of mine looks just like your Goku. The other just had his hair cut (he is long haired). Welcome to the forums, I'm new myself.

Edit: He also looks a lot like Elizabeth's skippy too. Haha

Attachments

011.jpg DSCN0656[1].jpg

Jenifer Ann

Cavy Gazer
They're so cute! I followed you. I will probably start spamming photos of mine on my tumblr as well.

Jenifer Ann

Cavy Gazer
Awe, look at mohawk!

Kristi26

Cavy Slave
Aww! I love abyssinians! I'm new here too. Welcome!

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! I only have American shorthairs, but I've been wanting an abby for a while! All your guinea pigs are adorable :D

Nannub

Cavy Slave
Awe :3 I have noticed Goku (black/brown) is very vocal, there usually isn't any moment where he isn't beeping or something, he constantly talks! On the other hand Vegeta (white/brown/black) he doesn't say a word unless it's food time and bags crinkle and even then it's not nearly as loud as Goku's noises.

Goku is the dominant one and slightly bigger.

I own two girls. Nami is an agouti, she's very vocal. My american short haired, Vi, only wheeks when I make noises with hay bag and not as loud as Nami.

G.Piggies

Cavy Slave
I have two Abbsynian girls. Your pigs are beautiful and you have a great cage set up for them!

G.Piggies

Cavy Slave
I have aby girls!

Christy Mancl

Cavy Slave
I just got two Abyssinian boars also. Mine are only 5 weeks old. I got them from a rescue place and love them very much already.image.jpg

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone, very excited to be a member of the site. So many things to learn about!
I previously owned a Silkie boar who lived 8 years, may he RIP <3 now I have two 3 month old Abyssinian boars!
Not familiar with the breed, but they are very lively!

Here's a picture of when I first brought them home. Now they are in a 2x4 C&C and they love it, popcorning everywhere.
Anyone else have Abyssinians?

They are adorable! I love how shiny Goku looks! They are heart melters with those faces!

Just a tip: I noticed their food had colored bits and seeds. I feed my pigs just plain pellets. Reason being the colored bits are full of sugar and dye. Guinea pigs do not handle sugar well, which is why they get fruit as a treat. Seeds and nuts are not only high in fat (or at least nuts are) but they pose HUGE choking risks.

Jenifer Ann

Cavy Gazer
They are adorable! I love how shiny Goku looks! They are heart melters with those faces!

Just a tip: I noticed their food had colored bits and seeds. I feed my pigs just plain pellets. Reason being the colored bits are full of sugar and dye. Guinea pigs do not handle sugar well, which is why they get fruit as a treat. Seeds and nuts are not only high in fat (or at least nuts are) but they pose HUGE choking risks.

Oh yea, I know. That was just the starter bag that the cage came with. Since then I've built a C&C cage and switched over to Oxbow pellets :) thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.