Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Crusty Eyes My guinea's eye is crusty and cloudyb

psungllama

Cavy Slave
I recently noticed one of my Guinea Pig's eyes are crusty and cloudy, her eye also looks red around it. She's eating and drinking normally, but today she was walking in her cage and she seemed really dizzy, she wasn't walking straight and she fell on her back and couldn't get up until I helped her and then she almost fell down again. I'm taking her to the vet on Saturday but in the meantime does anyone know what this could be? I'm really scared and I don't want her to be in pain

piggy.addict

Cavy Slave
Sounds like an ear infection to me. Is she eating okay now?

psungllama

Cavy Slave
I took her to the vet and they found out she has an eye injury, they said it looks like something poked all the way through her cornea. My poor piggy! Right now they say she's blind in that eye, but they gave us an ointment and an antibiotic to help heal her eye and they said it might make her eyesight come back

nmhofherr

Cavy Slave
Same thing happened to my pig this summer. A rescue helped with aftercare because i was afraid to do it. We Got lucky abd saved his eye hes blind in it but piggies have bad eye sight to begin with and he's been fine since

psungllama

Cavy Slave
My Guinea pig died today :(, she got blood poisoning from the eye injury and the medication just couldn't save her, I miss her so much.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.