Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    277 Rec'd/180 Posts

Welcome Home Bambi

Bambi is the newest addition to the household. Bambi is the apricot and white on the top. Clementine is the black one, and Indiana is just visible in the bottom center (she's brown, tan and white). Bambi is about 1 year old and was adopted from a local shelter. Her name was already Bambi, and I decided to keep it that way. She was surrendered at the beginning of October, along with many other pigs, and I adopted her 6 days later. She's been at my boyfriends in QT, but I brought her home last night. I broke the QT a few days early because the boyfriend was being a pain about it all. She did have a vet check-up last week and the vet did not find anything wrong with her so hopefully were in the clear. (Crossing fingers). We did nontraditional introduction due to my Indiana's special needs, and it seems to have gone okay thus far (Crossing fingers again). I basically dropped her in and said, "lets hope this goes well". Which is not the way you should do it, and I would never recommend it except in certain circumstances.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0482 (2).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	77062

2. "Thank you, ClemmyOddieIndy, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/7 Posts

Re: Welcome Home Bambi

Sounds like you're an experienced and/or educated animal caretaker. Beautiful family you have there. Looks like Bambi will be very happy. Love your array of bowls. I used to put bowls in and now I simply scatter the veggies in the middle of the enclosure. They inhale a small mountain of lettuce in less than 10 minutes!

I didn't know about quarantine and trusted my source where I got my pigs, stupidly believing they were truly vet-checked. Yes, maybe a thousand years ago when they were first born. It turns out two out of the three had fungus on the ears and one had conjunctivitis (pink eye). Nipped it all in the bud thankfully and one had to go to the vet for antibiotic drops. Only one was completely healthy. Some sick piggies out there. Wishing your little ones wellness and lots of playtime.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    277 Rec'd/180 Posts

Re: Welcome Home Bambi

Thanks. Since I use paper bedding it works easier to use bowls because otherwise the paper sticks to the veggies. The hay usually still get everywhere anyway, but it starts out clean.

User Tag List