Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

  1. #21
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Sep 27, 2015
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    15
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/7 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    Very sorry to hear this.

  2. #22
    Administrator bpatters's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 23, 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    29,628
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4070 Post(s)
    Thanks
    208
    Thanks
    7,516 Rec'd/6,005 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    I'm sorry you lost him. But please remember that guinea pigs are fragile animals, and they go downhill very quickly. It's NEVER a good idea to wait around and see if a guinea pig improves before taking it to the vet, and I think you need a better vet. A normal guinea pig diet is about as high fiber as it gets, and more fiber is unlikely to do anything helpful. Your pig might have had an infection that could have been treated if it had been properly diagnosed.

  3. #23
    Cavy Slave Rach84's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 27, 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Thanks
    10
    Thanks
    36 Rec'd/28 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    I'm sorry you lost him. But please remember that guinea pigs are fragile animals, and they go downhill very quickly. It's NEVER a good idea to wait around and see if a guinea pig improves before taking it to the vet, and I think you need a better vet. A normal guinea pig diet is about as high fiber as it gets, and more fiber is unlikely to do anything helpful. Your pig might have had an infection that could have been treated if it had been properly diagnosed.
    I did go to the vets as soon as he started to show signs of illness on Friday an I really did everythin in my powers to keep him going! I understand your trying to be quite matter of a fact as your an admin on here but I do know about pigs too I was just coming here for support as I know all too well as soon as they show they are I'll it's often too late but I'm sorry if you think I failed him in some way xx

  4. #24
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 21, 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,273
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    415 Post(s)
    Thanks
    734
    Thanks
    524 Rec'd/459 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    I'm so sorry about you piggy. I wonder if he had bloat and she missed it.

  5. #25
    Cavy Slave scoottie's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 31, 2015
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    683
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks
    9
    Thanks
    76 Rec'd/70 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Rach84 View Post
    I did go to the vets as soon as he started to show signs of illness on Friday an I really did everythin in my powers to keep him going! I understand your trying to be quite matter of a fact as your an admin on here but I do know about pigs too I was just coming here for support as I know all too well as soon as they show they are I'll it's often too late but I'm sorry if you think I failed him in some way xx
    You did the right thing by him it wasn't your fault and you did nothing wrong. You took him to the vet and the vet saw nothing wrong so it wasn't your fault it was the vets.

  6. #26
    Cavy Slave Rach84's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 27, 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Thanks
    10
    Thanks
    36 Rec'd/28 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by scoottie View Post
    You did the right thing by him it wasn't your fault and you did nothing wrong. You took him to the vet and the vet saw nothing wrong so it wasn't your fault it was the vets.
    Thank you xx I always put all my animal needs before anything in my life an I really miss the little guy xx

  7. #27
    Cavy Slave scoottie's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 31, 2015
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    683
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks
    9
    Thanks
    76 Rec'd/70 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    Your very welcome no one should make you feel like you didn't do enough

  8. #28
    Cavy Slave PeanutnCookie's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 03, 2014
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    879
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Thanks
    165
    Thanks
    128 Rec'd/120 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    Oh no! I'm so sorry!

  9. #29
    Cavy Slave Ibbet's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 28, 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    410
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    792
    Thanks
    53 Rec'd/43 Posts

    Re: Have a vet visit planned but . . .

    Very, very sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •