Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Member!

oliviaandoboe

Cavy Gazer
Hey, I'm new to the forum community, and decided to finally join yesterday after reading about all the helpful stuff on here. I have two Guniea Pigs, Olivia (A 3 1/2 year old short-haired) and Oboe (A 2 1/2 year old Satin Coat Short-Hair.) I have recently ran into a few problems with Oboe, after my sisters Guinea Pig and gotten her pregnant at such an age. I will keep everybody updated on her if they would like. Anyways, this seems like an awesome, helpful community, and I am very glad to be apart of it!

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpeg

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
Hi welcome to the forum!! It's nice to see a piggy that has the same name as me. They are both adorable!

PudgePig

Cavy Gazer
Hi! This is a great community. I too have found everyone very helpful. :) Cute piggies! You probably know this, but the piggie in the top photo needs a nail trim.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Do you know to watch for signs of osteodystrophy in your satin? (Limping, hopping, pain, etc.)

oliviaandoboe

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum!

Do you know to watch for signs of osteodystrophy in your satin? (Limping, hopping, pain, etc.)

Yes, I am very observant with her, and I am being very cautious and observant with her again, as she is pregnant. She has never shown those signs, although she enjoys to rub her head in her bedding and then sneeze afterwards. But thank you for telling me, because if I didn't know this, It could have been a train wreck!

oliviaandoboe

Cavy Gazer
Yes she does! I have had my head all mixed up since my other piggie has been pregnant! I was actually going to give her one today. Her nails always grow quite fast, which can be annoying at times! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.