Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning bags for washing fleece?

Wheekers135

Cavy Slave
what bags do you recommend for washing fleece in? ive heard of some people using pillowcases. does that work pretty good?
What about washing uhaul liners? even though they are thicker, do they still wash good in a bag or pillowcase?

im looking for a way to help keep hair out of my washer

Neferyn

Cavy Slave
The pillowcase works great for me. Can't say about the Uhaul because we don't have that in my country

miniver

Cavy Slave
I use them for my fleece blankets and they work great. I sewed a string around the opening on a few so I could close and open them more easily.

Chayna Renee

Cavy Slave
Woah. Does this really work? Every time I wash my fleece my mom complains of the hair. I use a squeegee before I put it in the washer so I can get all of the hair off of it. I mean, where does all the hair go if it is in a bag? Just on the inside I guess?

Neferyn

Cavy Slave
Woah. Does this really work? Every time I wash my fleece my mom complains of the hair. I use a squeegee before I put it in the washer so I can get all of the hair off of it. I mean, where does all the hair go if it is in a bag? Just on the inside I guess?

Inside the bag and on the fleece :p I just shake the fleece, I dont even bother trying too hard to get the hairs out. After washing I line dry it if it's windy (the wind helps remove the leftover hairs) or put it in the dryer and the hairs will get caught in the filter.

Chayna Renee

Cavy Slave
That is amazing! I am going to try that this weekend when I change out the fleece! I am excited about it for some reason. At least my mom won't yell at me anymore.

piggyeli

Cavy Slave
I never heard of doing that! I am excited to try that because it's a pain trying to get all the hair and hay pieces out of the washer!

Wheekers135

Cavy Slave
I tried the pillowcase today and it didn't work. It still had soap in the fleece after being washed

Neferyn

Cavy Slave
Maybe something to do with your settings? I know american washing machines are usually diferent from what i have here.
I find that very strange, in 15 years of washing i never had remains of soap in my laundry and i even wash heavy rugs

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.