Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance Do they stop Rumblestrutting at a certain age?

Emilymae

Cavy Gazer
Does anyone know when my guinea pigs will stop rumbling at each other? They're both females and I've had them for about 5 months now and they didn't do this for the first three weeks but now it's on and off. I really need to know because they're keeping me up at night when I have school in the morning. There's nowhere else to put them other than my room(I was advised not to have them outside, I wouldn't want them outside anyways because of cold weather). I've tried all sorts, distract them with food, give them separate beds. I'm getting a bigger cage for Christmas(hopefully) if that helps but they just don't stop.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
No, not any time soon. Guinea pigs just do that. You'll need to find another place to put them, or learn to sleep with ear plugs.

Emilymae

Cavy Gazer
No, not any time soon. Guinea pigs just do that. You'll need to find another place to put them, or learn to sleep with ear plugs.
Oh okay, thank you. I sleep with headphones anyway so I'm good.

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
A bigger cage will help too. I had my pigs in a pet store cage for the first few weeks I had them and they rumbled ALOT (even though they had been together for a while before I adopted them). Once I got them in a bigger cage, it was significantly reduced. Although they still do it occasionally, but not much.

Emilymae

Cavy Gazer
A bigger cage will help too. I had my pigs in a pet store cage for the first few weeks I had them and they rumbled ALOT (even though they had been together for a while before I adopted them). Once I got them in a bigger cage, it was significantly reduced. Although they still do it occasionally, but not much.
That's such a relief honestly. At this moment it's really late and I can't sleep at all because of them. Thank you very much ^^

Lesa Hendricks

Cavy Gazer
My Guinea pig does to me I don't feel I've made him not trust me anyway and he now does this to my sow when I put her near his cage

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
My Guinea pig does to me I don't feel I've made him not trust me anyway and he now does this to my sow when I put her near his cage

PLEASE make sure you have a secure lid on your sows cage if your boar isn't altered. they can and will find a way to get to the sow and accidental pregnancy will happen.

xanima

Cavy Slave
How often do they do that? If its more often then for a day every 14-18 days they could have ovarian cysts that cause hormonal problems.

Of course he does. The boars rumblestrutt to show off to impress a female when they want to mate and I will just assume your boar is not neutred, of course he wants to mate with a female. That doesn´t has anything to do with trust.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.