Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Forages IMAGES of common backyard greens, what successes have you found?

frNzR4evr

Cavy Slave
I recently took Jerome outside to graze on clean lawn grass, which in my case means mostly grass with a smattering of something(s) else green. Since it was our first time, I enclosed him in a 2x1 grid area that I painstakingly examined for edibles and in particular, poisonous greens

Promlem: I didn't know the names of some of them

Solution: Google Search ~ edible greens IMAGES!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=edib...ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIuvjImMWjyAIVQhYeCh0HrgD9

Of course my wheekers are partial to dandelion & broadleaf plantain, but they all go "meh." when white clover is offered. NOW I can simply click on a photo of any new forage I find, and be whisked to a site with remarks about (including the name of) whatever it is.

It bears repeating here that you must only involve plants that you are certain are not poisonous haven't been exposed to pesticides or pet eliminations, and even so ~ carefully WASH pickings before presenting them to our precious pets

frNzR4evr

Cavy Slave
ok, I finally identified the leafy green that was sprouting specifically under our birdfeeders ~ mallow ~ edible ~ Rusty & Jerome love it, Cocoa likes it too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.