Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How can i convince my parents to get me a guinea pig

OldUserTM

Cavy Slave
image.jpgAlready got two :)

Wandalea

Cavy Slave
Adorable! Did your parents fall madly in love with them?

OldUserTM

Cavy Slave
Ya, we got 2 from a rescue shelter

zachdwayne

Cavy Slave
Wow! Congratulations! How cute!!!!

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Well you don't need my comment anymore but I'll leave it for others just in case.

Our rescues are constantly in need of fosters for their pigs. Fostering is a good way for kids to get a chance to see if this is a good pet choice for them and for parents to see if their kid can really do it without so much cost involved. Our rescue supplies everything but I think some require you to purchase food and bedding. Even then you are still getting to try it out with little financial commitment and everyone gets to see if it's a good fit. As a parent that would be something I could agree to far more easily and it would make me way more comfortable to say yes to the real deal later on.

Meganii

Cavy Slave
One of the things I think you should do along with everything stated above is prove that you care. Think of it from a parents perspective, if you ask for a guinea pig for a day and go crazy about wanting it and then forget about it for a while then go crazy they will think it's just a phase, and that you will get bored, but if you take the time to calmly and slowly ask for it and explain and stick with it eventually they will realize that it isn't a phase because you didn't give up on it and that you aren't going to get bored of a piggie, well, that's what worked for me anyway. Good Luck!

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Congratulations!! They are lovely :love:. Now that you've had plenty of time to research you should make a great piggy parent.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.