Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Green beans are evil, take them away!!!

miniver

Cavy Slave
I tried to give my two girls green beans last night. I ate a few myself before I put them in dish with the rest of their veggies for dinner. Yummy, fresh, wonderful.

They took one sniff and ran into their bedroom. I didn't think there was anything that could put them off their dinner. They wouldn't come out until I removed them. I tried to put them in the cage after their breakfast this morning and they had the same reaciton. They moved as far away from them as they could get. I removed them after about 15 minutes but they were still staring daggers at me when I left for work. I said "I'm sorry I tried to kill you with the diced green tube-thing of evil!"

Silly piggies.

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They are so funny! What a cute story! My boy Pickle did the same thing when he got a new food dish. It didn't bother my other one, Bird, at all so I had to switch them, but Pickle would not go near it and hid in the corner! They are strange little critters for sure!

poop_patrol

Cavy Slave
Honestly, I am continually amazed by the stories of pigs who are picky eaters. My 2 pigs, and they are the only 2 I've ever had, will eat anything. They are so voracious that I honestly can't tell what they PREFER because they seem to love everything I offer! They go nuts for pellets too (Oxbow, old style KMS and new style KMS). The only thing they will not eat is brown hay, which they are happy to pull out, spread around, and pee all over to express their discontent with the quality.

Chayna Renee

Cavy Slave
This is the same for my guinea pigs! I put the green beans in their bowl and they threw them out of their bowl and ate the lettuce and other goodies in the bottom. Spoiled piggies.

Axe34

Cavy Slave
The only thing they will not eat is brown hay, which they are happy to pull out, spread around, and pee all over to express their discontent with the quality.

Hahaha! My boys are starting to do that with the Oxbow Timothy Hay. The first bag, they ate every last bit. The second bag, they ate about 75 per cent. We're on bag three and they've pulled about 50 per cent out to pee on. Grrr. I don't know if it's inconsistent quality in the hay or they're getting more picky.

Oh, and they both hate green beans and zucchini.

Mcmini

Cavy Slave
Oh my girls love green beans. Lol
the go mad wheeking for them. Actually the dog loves them too but I think that's cause he sees the girls getting hand fed them.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Green beans, snap peas and snow peas are a nightly treat in my house. Doodle the baby wouldn't eat them but finally started eating them because the adults do.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
One word of caution about the green beans. You want the young beans, when the beans haven't filled out yet. The bigger beans have lots of calcium in them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.