Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/4 Posts

Cool New guy from Montana

Hey everyone! I've had 9 male guinea pigs throughout my lifetime, but haven't has a GP for around 9 years now. I've been wanting to get more the past two years, but my landlord wouldn't let me. Well this Friday I am closing on my own townhouse so I decided to take a look on Craigslist and found someone trying to rehome these 3 girls:

I'm planning on putting together an L-shaped 2x6 with a 2x5. On my way to pick up the coroplast sheets right now and I've already purchased the grids and fleece. Lowe's sells wood pellets and I just contacted my local tractor supply and they sell compressed Timothy Hay bales. So I think I'll be good to go on building everything once I move in this weekend! My only question is: what kind of pellets does everyone agree are best? I was thinking of ordering from KMS Hayloft.

Anyhow, I'm really excited to get these girls. Poor things look like they're in a store bought cage with no hideys, hopefully they love the cage I put together.

2. "Thank you, terpfan99, for this useful post," say these 2 members:

Mentioned
    2118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4085 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7,527 Rec'd/6,014 Posts

Re: New guy from Montana

Good for you for improving their living space!

Yes, KMS Hayloft pellets are the best on the market. You're close enough that shipping shouldn't be much, and they'll be as cheap as, or cheaper than, pet store pellets.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

They're so cute! I'm happy they're going to be going to be going home with someone who will love and adore them.

I currently use Oxbow pellets and my girls love it. The KMS Hayloft pellets look really great though, so I might look into trying it after they finish their current bag...

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/4 Posts

Thanks everyone. I will keep you posted on the final cage and when I actually get to bring the piggies home.

User Tag List