Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Gluten and Soy Free Vegan Protien

Butterfly88

Cavy Slave
I used to be fully vegan but had to stop when I developed gluten and soy intolerances. Tofu, seitan, and lots of vegan meats have soy and/or gluten in them. Any other recommended sources of protein? Thanks

treehugger

Cavy Slave
There are lots of sources of proteins for vegans that don't have gluten or soy. Not all grains have gluten in them. Quinoa, wild rice, buckwheat, corn, and even some pure oats. Then you have nuts, which are also a huge source of protein. There are more and more meat and dairy alternatives being made without soy too. Daiya has a full line of delicious products now that is made with pea and tapioca proteins. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Don't forget legumes like lentils, beans, and chickpeas!

daydreamer89

Cavy Slave
beans beans the magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot! (sorry.) but really beans are a great protein, as are a lot of veggies (its too early I haven't had my coffee so i cant remember at the moment which are the best)
try a good rice and bean recipe (white rice is gluten free) its a very typical dish here in puerto rico (ok its with every single meal actually lol) but the beans in the rice will give you all the protien you need for the meal.
as nice as it is to have the vegan meats (unless they are made from beans like black bean burgers) are no good for you. I remember a few years back there was a study done that linked soy products to a higher chance of Alzheimers, I actually made my mother in law stop eating in so much due to it..
(im not vegan but I was for a few years for all the wrong reasons, and due to that I had to stop for some time to get my head in the right place) every vitamin and mineral you need you can get from just eating fruits and veggies, you dont even need grains or any else. keep that in mind :)

Butterfly88

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.