Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Midwest Making Fleece Liners - Measurements?

BarBGirl1999

Cavy Slave
Hello all! I haven't been around much, but I'm thinking of switching my boys back to fleece liners, and I'm going to try sewing them myself this time. Last time I tried, I just did towels on the bottom and a layer of fleece on the top and my boys just burrowed under the fleece and made a mess. I think, maybe if I sew them together to make flippers, they won't burrow as much. PLUS, I have a baby that's now self-propelled, so I need to minimize the sawdust and bedding on the floor...he'll put anything and everything in his mouth.

SO - tl;dr -

How much fleece should I get to make a liner for the bottom of the Midwest Guinea Habitat Plus (47" L X 24" W X 14" H)....1 yard? 2 yards? I plan to sew a towel, a layer of quilt batting, and fleece on top - so 3 layers total.

Any help is appreciated! Sorry for the probably easy question...I did some searching and couldn't find the answer...I think there's just TOO MUCH awesome info to sift through, haha. I'm definitely not an experienced seamstress, and I don't want to buy too little or way too much fleece. Though I'll use any extra to make fleece forests and sleepy sacks for them. Thanks in advance!

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Fleece is generally 60" wide and a yard is 36" long. If you only do fleece on the top layer of the liner, you'll only need 1 yard. If you want to do fleece on both sides of the liner to make it reversible, you'll need 1.5 yards.

BarBGirl1999

Cavy Slave
Fleece is generally 60" wide and a yard is 36" long. If you only do fleece on the top layer of the liner, you'll only need 1 yard. If you want to do fleece on both sides of the liner to make it reversible, you'll need 1.5 yards.

Awesome, thanks! I think I'm just going to do fleece on one side, I'll use the extra to make cage decor, lol. I wasn't sure how wide it was. Only needing one yard means I can spring for some cuter, patterned fleece...and I can buy more DIFFERENT patterns and make more liners.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.