Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Has anyone ever seen GP's mate through a 9 x 9 hole grid separating them?

frNzR4evr

Cavy Slave
I have designed a large cage comprised of two L shapes, one for my female, Cocoa, and a larger one for my two males, Rusty & Jerome, with a shared wall four grids in length. All three are unaltered.

I have seen Cocoa back her bottom up to the dividing grids for the boars to sniff on a couple of occasions. Knowing what I do about their skeletal limitations, am I correct that they cannot mate through the bars?

I would rather not install a 3-4" coroplast "baseboard" along the shared grids, but I will if it's necessary to be certain we are safe.

Your comments?

frNzR4evr

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc She certainly IS a brazen hussy, yes, hahaha... I actually wasn't insulting the manhoods of Rusty or Jerome, tho' ... I was referring to the way their spines don't arch backwards (which is why they can NOT safely run on exercise wheels)

You say they can do anything if they are determined enough... Hmmmnnn... this isn't something I want to risk!

Last edited:

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
She is quite frisky! I dont think its possible, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I've heard of it, but don't know whether it was true or not. Maybe you should overlap some grids between them, just to be safe.

frNzR4evr

Cavy Slave
@bpatters I like that idea better than a baseboard, but for that matter, I have plenty of grids, I can change it to create two fully separate cages with a half inch gap between the sexes

tzarius78

Cavy Slave
Bad little girl. Next thing you know she will pimp herself out for some of his carrots. Just make sure to run over there if you gear some Berry Manilow in the back ground.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'd never keep males right next to females. Why not rebuild your cage into a double decker so they can't see each other. It would take up less space, too.

tzarius78

Cavy Slave
Bad little girl. Next thing you know she will pimp herself out for some of his carrots. Just make sure to run over there if you hear some Berry Manilow in the back ground.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.