Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General white spots on fleece ? Please help

• Thread starter Simpsonspiggie8
  • Start date

Simpsonspiggie8

Cavy Slave
Hi guys! I have been finding white calcium spots on my piggies fleece cage for 6 months, they are only one now and the spots have been starting to get chalky they get peppers, cucumbers, raddhiccio, cherry tomato and ocassionally red or green leaf lettuce. I feed them small pet select pellets and their hay is a mix half orchard grass and half second cutting Timothy. I'm very concerned about my piggies and idk what else to do. I also give them each an oxbow urinary support every day do you guys have any suggestions. I'm really nervous for their health. I also don't know which pig is leaving the spots or if it's both of them. Thanks !

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
Feed them veggies with less calcium. Google the nutrition facts to see.

Simpsonspiggie8

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I will start feeding lettuce more often I give it only 3-4 times a week right now and yes I have heard great things about Kms hayloft pellets and as soon as I'm out of the pellets I have now I will order them !

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Thank you! I will start feeding lettuce more often I give it only 3-4 times a week right now and yes I have heard great things about Kms hayloft pellets and as soon as I'm out of the pellets I have now I will order them !

you can always just switch between red and green leaf letuce or romaine. I try to keep 2 kinds at a time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.