Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How to attach fleece? Serious Burrowing Problem

ccrom1

Cavy Slave
I have two guinea pigs who have a 2x4 cage with fleece and they keep getting under the fleece. I have binder clipped and clothespined practically every possible spot. How can i get them to stop or attach my fleece better? Its a pain to clean it when they get under the fleece.

ccrom1

Cavy Slave
I can't use either of those.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
Why? Do neither of those methods work for you?

CavyKaren

Cavy Slave
My Vienna is a serious burrower..or I should say was. I finally figured it out. I clipped my fleece to the colorplast(which I know you don't have)with aobut 30 binder clips. And then(this is what you could try) I cut a piece of fleece about a foot wide to fit the length of the cage. I clipped this a few inches above the floor of the cage. Vienna and Parfait love to hide under this and they can see out. It has solved the problem as Vienna hasn't even tried to pull anything out. :)
Good luck!

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
Does she have a hidey hut to hide in? Maybe she is just scared. If she has the urge to burrow, cut strips of fleece and ball it up and put it in a corner. This way she can burrow ontop of your liners.

6piggies

Cavy Slave
Fold the fleece over the side and secure with binder clips. I have the world's worst borrower and she could seriously move bricks and burrow around them but binder clips all along the edges of the fleece has worked perfectly for me. The binder clips actually frustrate her and I swear I catch her staring at them like she's trying to figure them out lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.