Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Baby bunnies?

lizpow

Cavy Slave
I know this is for guinea pig advice....but. I have a litter of guinea pigs that were orphaned by a husky. One of them might be injured possibly by the husky. I know the odds army good but if any one has successfully nursed baby bunnies to adult hood I would be overjoyed if you could help me. I found a formula recipe that I can try but if any one knows of a for sure good one please let me know. And here is where the guinea pig comes in. When they are bigger and less fragile, would introducing them to my guinea pig benefit them or is it not a good idea. Thanx a ton for any help I might get.

wombats

Cavy Slave
Golly...I can't give much advice about the bunnies specifically, but I can say for certain please do not put them together with guinea pig(s). As similar as they may seem, rabbits and guinea pigs should never be housed together. The forum's website says it better here: https://guineapigcages.com/rabbits.htm

I do hope someone can answer your questions though or help out...poor little things. :(

lizpow

Cavy Slave
Golly...I can't give much advice about the bunnies specifically, but I can say for certain please do not put them together with guinea pig(s). As similar as they may seem, rabbits and guinea pigs should never be housed together. The forum's website says it better here: https://guineapigcages.com/rabbits.htm

I do hope someone can answer your questions though or help out...poor little things. :(

Thanx for clearing that up. I've heard of many times that rabbits were bonded with guinea pigs but it just never really sounded like a solid idea.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Not to mention that you don't want to introduce a wild animal to your pet.

Unfortunately most orphaned rabbit kits don't survive. The best thing to do is find a wildlife rehabilitator in your area.

lizpow

Cavy Slave
We gave them formula a couple of times and left them outside until a different mom adopted them. we were lucky they were adopted. the back up plan was to find a rehabilitation center with a mom to foster them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.