Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Media Someone Mistreating Pigs on YouTube

Pigglet_pose

Cavy Slave
So today I was watching some cute guinea pig videos, as usual, when I stumbled upon this video. It was of a girl listing all of the pets she had. All of her guinea pigs were stored in small cages and housed with opposite sex's so they breed continuously. Two were housed with a rabbit. She didn't hold them correctly and didn't try to listen when people calmly told her about C&C cages saying "I couldn't get a C&C cage because they don't have tops." But in reality she doesn't care enough to look for proper care advice. She has what she says are 38+ Pets and I know it's hard to care for a lot of animals but if you can't do it why get them in the first place.

I had to share this with you guys because I know people don't know how to care for their pigs at first due to petstores but she was informed about shelters, c&c cages, why you shouldn't house a rabbit with guinea pigs, and everything else she did wrong but she wouldn't listen. I don't know what to do because I'm truly infuriated right now after watching her video.

Here is the cage she uses :
rude.jpg

Her youtube account is Itsjulsbabe if you're curious about her videos.

*edit* she says she has now neutered her boars except for one so he can have a litter. It's a step up but still bad.

Last edited:

GiuneaPigLover

Cavy Slave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGHduRuwKk

It is really sickening to see this girl with these poor piggies and other animals. Its is people like her that gives people who own and properly take of multiple animals a bad name.

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
I feel very sorry for her animals.

GiuneaPigLover

Cavy Slave
Me too. I was so outraged I had to rant on those videos that she posted. She clearly has no knowledge of the proper care of her animals.

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
The thing that really bothers me in that one of her videos she shows newborn guinea pigs housed with rabbits. Rabbits and adult guinea pigs kept together is bad enough, but babies, seriously?

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness, I'm so annoyed now. I understand that some people give their animals improper care because they don't know what they are doing is wrong. She keeps guinea pigs and rabbits together, houses them in tiny cages, and lets them breed and then spouts stupid excuses to justify all of this???
I think I just lost brain cells from reading this comment to someone that pointed out what she was doing wrong.

"Who do you think you are talking to? I will breed MY guinea pigs if I want to. Just because there are pigs in shelters does not mean I want to buy them. Most of the pigs in there are probably already pregnant. I wanted to pick to guinea pigs that where MINE, not preowned by someone else. Guinea pigs and rabbits can be house together and your ignorant opinions are honestly making me ill. My cages are not too small for all of my animals, my pig just had a second litter with five babies, so once they get bigger I'm getting the a giant cage and taking out my dresser. So why don't you take all your opinions somewhere else because I do not need them."

Lesson here is that some people are just straight up stupid.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
Oh. my. god. Someone PLEASE take those animals from her D:

lmaraya

Cavy Gazer
Oh my gosh! That's absolutely horrid! I cannot STAND when people do that crap! If you're going to own and breed several pets at least do some research or read a damn book to see how to properly care for them!! Those poor animals.

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
Sadly this is not animal abuse.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
It kind of is though @Rocky5 :( Guinea pigs can get extremely sick from rabbits and having 3 in a tiny TINY cage with one is beyond abuse :(

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
The poor things ): There's no point having lots of pets if you're not going to take care of them. In one of the videos she said, "Don't comment that I'm not holding them right, there are some people that like to complain. I know I'm not holding them right but if I do I can't show you the guinea pigs." The poor guinea pig was struggling and it ANNOYS me so much! The sad thing is that people that aren't willing to care for them properly buy lots. :mad: It breaks my heart [emoji174]

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
@Lagertha Oh no, no that's not what I meant. It's obviously abuse it's just not considered abuse. You can't call the authorities on a little girl who's hoarding them.

@just8be8free Ugh I refuse to even watch the video. I will probably start crying if I do.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
@Lagertha Oh no, no that's not what I meant. It's obviously abuse it's just not considered abuse. You can't call the authorities on a little girl who's hoarding them.

Yeah I know :( They are in poor living conditions though and that could warrant a case of neglect

GiuneaPigLover

Cavy Slave
The sad thing is there are many people that are encouraging her behavior say she holds the animals correctly and that her cages are big enough. Obviously these people know nothing about correct animal care. I commented on both of her videos. I hope she gets the message.

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
@Lagertha I refuse to watch the video. If I watch the video I will get so pissed off and probably start crying.

If there is a lack of water or food or if their living conditions are horrendous then it is neglect. If they are being housed with rabbits or being bred many many times it is not abuse. It is not illegal to house animals of different species together or to breed them multiple times. According to law shelter/enclosure needs to be big enough to walk around and lie down comfortable in. It also needs to be well ventilated. It makes me terribly terribly sad and angry to here this and I haven't even seen the video. :( I wish we could do something but I am assuming somebody told her about C&C cages or DIY cages or something like that. I am also assuming she refused to even listen to the community who actually knows what they're talking about. It is terrible and I think I have lost brain cells looking at the screen shot.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
@Lagertha I refuse to watch the video. If I watch the video I will get so pissed off and probably start crying.

If there is a lack of water or food or if their living conditions are horrendous then it is neglect. If they are being housed with rabbits or being bred many many times it is not abuse. It is not illegal to house animals of different species together or to breed them multiple times. According to law shelter/enclosure needs to be big enough to walk around and lie down comfortable in. It also needs to be well ventilated. It makes me terribly terribly sad and angry to here this and I haven't even seen the video. :( I wish we could do something but I am assuming somebody told her about C&C cages or DIY cages or something like that. I am also assuming she refused to even listen to the community who actually knows what they're talking about. It is terrible and I think I have lost brain cells looking at the screen shot.
I also refuse to watch the video, because it seems more likely to just give attention and provide an audience to this person rather than actually calling attention to and getting help for the animals, assuming they need it. It's always seemed counterproductive to me to watch videos displaying bad or even neglectful conditions and complain if I can't actually do anything to help the situation.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave

https://www.guineapigcages.com/USDA.htm according to this she is violating a LOT of laws and regulations. There is no where near 10 inches of space per pig, they are housed with another species, it's just all wrong :(

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer
The most important thing to take away from her horrible videos is to "dont do meth." Seriously, that was the worst media clip i have ever experienced. LIKE UMM LIKE UMM LIKE UMM

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
This is infuriating. I am speechless-and I didn't even watch the video!

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
@Lagertha according to the link you gave me it is for breeders who make more than $500 a year. She is a breeder but I doubt she sells them and makes more than $500 dollars. I wish we could do something but we can't :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.