Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Rest in Peace, baby Holden

  1. #1
    Cavy Slave Owls.Wrens's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 03, 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    7
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Rest in Peace, baby Holden

    Yesterday on 6/15/2015 my 5 year old piggy Holden passed away. He had been doing fine, he seemed less energetic than usual though (wish I had taken him to the vet sooner, didn't think much of it since he was still eating and wasn't displaying any other symptoms). Yesterday morning I noticed that he had only eaten half of one of the two carrots I gave him last night and his water was untouched. His eyes looked dull but he was still moving. I pet him for a little bit, but I had to run to my doctor's appointment so I made an appointment with my vet for later in the day as I was driving. I checked on him again after my appointment and he was still okay, and seemed a little more lively than in the morning. I had to go back out to speak to an old teacher I had made an appointment with a couple days before. After that was done I came back to my house to grab him and head to the vet for the appointment, but when I got home he had already passed away. He was laying by the divider in the cage (had to separate him and Starbucks because they couldn't figure out dominance) and Starbucks was sitting next to him, sniffing at him. Needless to say, I'm devastated by this loss. I miss his happy squeaks, and the way he would lick people. I don't know if there's anything I could have done, but I wish I had at least a couple more days with him, or at least knew what was wrong.

    RIP my sweet little Holden.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140914_121915.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	74839
    Rest in peace
    4/23/2010 Alexzandra
    6/15/2015 Holden

  2. #2
    Cavy Slave PandaPiggle's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 23, 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    327
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    61 Rec'd/52 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Rest in Peace, baby Holden

    I am so sorry for your loss, he looks like such a beautiful boy. You couldn't have known that a little bit of laziness would be the first sign of the end, and you did a good job getting him a prompt appointment once you saw something concerning, even if he didn't make it. You did everything you could, just know he's waiting for you at the rainbow bridge, so you'll see him again someday.

  3. "Thank you, PandaPiggle, for this useful post," says:


  4. #3
    Cavy Slave GuineaPiggies7's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 09, 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    68
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Rest in Peace, baby Holden

    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I know what it feels like, so try and let out some of your emotions
    I always make a little wooden cross and putting their name on it and hang it near your cage.
    Or if it seems a little bit much for you at first (as you will be seeing it everyday), maybe put the cross outside under a tree.
    A nice pretty tree that reminds you of them. Hope this helped Hope your feeling better

  5. "Thank you, GuineaPiggies7, for this useful post," says:


  6. #4
    Cavy Slave urofan's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 24, 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/8 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Rest in Peace, baby Holden

    I am very sorry that your guinea pig died.

  7. #5
    Please confirm your email, check your spam folder
    Joined
    May 31, 2015
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    13
    Thanks
    25 Rec'd/22 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Rest in Peace, baby Holden

    I'm sorry for your loss. Having him for that long definitely would've created a bond between you two. At least he is in piggy heaven, eating all the veggies he wants. R.I.P

  8. #6
    Moderator foggycreekcavy's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 04, 2009
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    6,154
    Thanks
    176
    Thanks
    1,243 Rec'd/995 Posts
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quoted
    772 Post(s)

    Re: Rest in Peace, baby Holden

    I'm so sorry.

    Keep an eye on Starbucks. Do you weigh your pigs weekly? You might want to weigh Starbucks daily for a bit, to make sure nothing's wrong.

  9. "Thank you, foggycreekcavy, for this useful post," says:


  10. #7
    Cavy Slave Owls.Wrens's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 03, 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    7
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Rest in Peace, baby Holden

    Quote Originally Posted by PandaPiggle View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss, he looks like such a beautiful boy. You couldn't have known that a little bit of laziness would be the first sign of the end, and you did a good job getting him a prompt appointment once you saw something concerning, even if he didn't make it. You did everything you could, just know he's waiting for you at the rainbow bridge, so you'll see him again someday.
    Thank you for the kind thoughts I really appreciate them

    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPiggies7 View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I know what it feels like, so try and let out some of your emotions
    I always make a little wooden cross and putting their name on it and hang it near your cage.
    Or if it seems a little bit much for you at first (as you will be seeing it everyday), maybe put the cross outside under a tree.
    A nice pretty tree that reminds you of them. Hope this helped Hope your feeling better
    Thank you for the kind thoughts and advice. I definitely will do that, I think it'll be nice to pay homage that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by urofan View Post
    I am very sorry that your guinea pig died.
    Thank you for the kind thought

    Quote Originally Posted by cavycrazy1107 View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. Having him for that long definitely would've created a bond between you two. At least he is in piggy heaven, eating all the veggies he wants. R.I.P
    Thank you for the kind thoughts, thinking about it this way helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by foggycreekcavy View Post
    I'm so sorry.

    Keep an eye on Starbucks. Do you weigh your pigs weekly? You might want to weigh Starbucks daily for a bit, to make sure nothing's wrong.
    I'll be getting a scale very soon to do so. I've been keeping a very close eye on him since and he seems okay, but I don't want to take any chances. Thank you for the advice
    Last edited by Owls.Wrens; 06-26-15 at 12:45 pm.
    Rest in peace
    4/23/2010 Alexzandra
    6/15/2015 Holden

  11. #8
    Cavy Slave Owls.Wrens's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 03, 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    7
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Rest in Peace, baby Holden

    /edited into one post, still learning to use the reply feature/.
    Last edited by Owls.Wrens; 06-26-15 at 12:46 pm.
    Rest in peace
    4/23/2010 Alexzandra
    6/15/2015 Holden

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •