Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Talking Trying to go Vegetarian!

Hey,

I Would like to go vegetarian and this is a big step for me, So i would need a bit of advice!
    Is Their Any good Vegetarian Recipes? If You Have Site Links or advice please post a comment!
    Any Links Or Advice Will Be Great

Thanks
    Thanks
    11 Rec'd/9 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Re: Trying to go Vegetarian!

Do you have Pinterest? That is one of my favorite places to search for recipes because of all the pretty pictures
    Good luck on your endeavors. I, for one, could never give up meat but some of my favorite veggi meals include, Falafel and pita bread, Pad thai (or other tofu stir fry) Summer salads, etc. Its sad about all the suffering animals in the world so I commend you for your efforts.

3. "Thank you, Lady Amelia, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    271 Rec'd/181 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Since you're in the UK, I would highly recommend Quorn and Linda McCartney substitutes, some of the super market ones are great as well. I make fajitas, tacos, and lasagna etc. By replacing the chicken or mince with the Quorn versions. It's faster than making the recipes with actual meat because you only need to heat it up for a little while and it tastes great. Even my meat eating room mates eat it majority of the time.

Thanks to Quorn and such I never feel like I'm missing out. You can usually find this stuff in both the frozen section and the ready meal aisle in most major supermarkets like tesco, morrisons etc, there are tons of options:

http://www.quorn.co.uk
    http://www.lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk/our-food/

5. "Thank you, Fay, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I don't get my recipes of one particular site. Usually I just make the same ones or improvise. Otherwise, I google vegetarian recipes. However, some of the easy ones I make are

Zucchini Casserole
    1 Zucchini
    1 Tomato
    Parmesan Cheese

Chop up zucchini and tomato and toss into a casserole dish. Bake for 30 min. on abut 350. Shake cheese over it until it's as much or as little as you like. Bake for fifteen to twenty more minutes. Enjoy with rice, noodles, potatoes, or almost anything else.
    Sometimes I make zucchini stew which is the same just, instead of baking, I put it in a pot and wait until the tomatoes kind of liquify, then take off and add cheese.
    Also works good if you slice zucchini in half length wise, hollow out the middle of each, fill with tomatoes, then bake the way you'd do the casserole.
    The great thing about this recipe is that you can add peppers, onions, spinach, beans, corn, or anything and it still tastes great.

Veggie Shish Kabobs
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Canned potatoes (or baby red ones)
    Broccoli
    Holland style onions
    peppers
    zucchini or yellow squash
    Chop up the veggies and skewer them on a stick. Add or take away any veggies you want or don't want in it. Sprinkle with soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook on grill or broil until tomatoes are just starting to burn. Remove and enjoy.

Black Bean Burger
    1 can of black beans (drained)
    half a cup of bread crumbs
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tsp cumin
    1 egg
    Mash beans and mix in rest of the ingredients. Take a handful and roll into ball. Flatten ball in a greased frying pan and cook until one side is a dark brownish (about five-ten minutes). Flip and do the same thing. Put on bun and fix it up with any burger toppings you want and eat.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can start slowly and replace one food at a time, in order to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet. What you need to really do is learn to cook--or cook most of your own foods. Use the freshest and most organic ingredients you can find. Get yourself a good vegan or vegetarian cookbook that has simple recipes which don't need a lot of strange or hard-to-find ingredients. And don't forget to take a B12 supplement--without meat or dairy foods you can become deficient in this one nutrient, because it's only found in animal foods. Read more on B12 at http://www.supplemented.co.uk/produc...-complex-400mg. And do some research--the latest from dietitians and doctors says you do not have to eat a restrictive diet to be healthy--so if you find this to be too difficult, don't feel too bad. It takes some work to eat a healthy vegeteriandiet--not so much if you can incorporate eggs and some dairy foods.

User Tag List