Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n UM

drowningindemon

Cavy Gazer
Hi, my mother is a vegitarian and has been for i think 7 years? Im a vegitarian too. Im going a little anorexic so is there any good non-meat protien foods? thanks.

PopAndFizz

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Guinea Pigs Dont eat meat Anyway? But if you're talking about yourself You should probably go to a vegan site. As this site is for guinea pigs.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Guinea Pigs Dont eat meat Anyway? But if you're talking about yourself You should probably go to a vegan site. As this site is for guinea pigs.
Maybe YOU should bother reading the info on the section heading you're replying to.

There are lots of non-meat proteins. Nuts are a good example. Are you looking for things like faux Chik'n patties and burgers? Try Gardein, they're awesome! There's also Morningstar, Boca, etc. Some have dairy though, if you are strictly vegan. Gardein is vegan. Great stuff!!

PopAndFizz

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Maybe YOU should bother reading the info on the section heading you're replying to.

There are lots of non-meat proteins. Nuts are a good example. Are you looking for things like faux Chik'n patties and burgers? Try Gardein, they're awesome! There's also Morningstar, Boca, etc. Some have dairy though, if you are strictly vegan. Gardein is vegan. Great stuff!!
I was just trying to help. And its quite rude that you told me to bother reading the info. I did read it maybe i didnt understand it.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
First off, I don't believe there is such thing as "going a little anorexic". Anorexia is classified as a mental disorder where a person becomes obsessive about weight gain resulting in refusal to eat. If you're refusing to eat food because you are afraid to gain weight then that is a medical condition and I would urge you to consult your doctor.

Losing weight and being slim because you're not eating balanced diet isn't technically anorexia.

I suggest to eat a variety of nuts or seeds as they are all high in protein. Also beans (navy, kidney, white, ect.), chickpeas (try hummus!) And lentils are all great choices.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I was just trying to help. And its quite rude that you told me to bother reading the info. I did read it maybe i didnt understand it.
Apparently not. There are a lot of vegans and vegetarians here, hence this discussion forum for vegetarians or folks trying to eat less meat.

To me, it seems fairly rude to tell someone asking for advice in the perfectly appropriate section to go somewhere else.

PopAndFizz

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Apparently not. There are a lot of vegans and vegetarians here, hence this discussion forum for vegetarians or folks trying to eat less meat.

To me, it seems fairly rude to tell someone asking for advice in the perfectly appropriate section to go somewhere else.
I didnt mean to be Rude. And i apologize to both of you.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I didnt mean to be Rude. And i apologize to both of you.
No need to apologize! Maybe just try to be a bit more informed before replying to questions. Remember there is much value in quality over quantity. :)

drowningindemon

Cavy Gazer
Lol, i was really confused, I thought i messed up and i was like what :3. Im not very good with blogs and forums ex,

Rosewhite

Cavy Slave
Are you lacto/ovo vegetarian? If so, making a point to include dairy and eggs is a good way. You don't need to have them with everything. In fact, the major mistake most people make when cutting out meat is to load up on dairy products, which is fattening. However, every now and then it's good.
If you eat fish or chicken, that solves that problem, but you don't need to. Some people think you need to if you're going to get the protein, but you don't.
I'm not a vegan so I can't tell you a huge amount of ideas. However, beans and rice are a good way. Boca and Gardein make great substitute meat from soy and other plant-based proteins. You need to double-check because not all of their products are vegan, but they do make some.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.