Thanks
    Thanks
    62 Rec'd/51 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

rest in peace little miley

I'm sad to say miley passed away today. she was my oldest 9 yrs.it was hard this past Month n a half losing Thornton and crackers but I knew mileys time would come.she started 2 months ago slowly losing her balance then ability to walk to eventually were the past few days I was handed feeding her because she wasn't able to pick up her veggies in her mouth.she still got her veggies just had to slice them into thin strips.and syringe water for her as well .the past 2 days she did something I hadn't heard in over 2 months from her .she weeked like she used to when it was time for breakfast or when I came home n she got a treat. and she also made the curious noise when they talk to you.it was like she knew her time had come and she was saying goodbye. she's going to be soo missed theirs a piggy place in my heart that's empty.God speed my little miley until I see you at the rainbow bridge.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner pinky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2,491 Rec'd/1,959 Posts
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1563 Post(s)

Re: rest in peace little miley

@mdodge, I'm very sorry to hear about Miley. Your comment about her wheeking and making noises is interesting. Last year, I lost a guinea pig after a long illness which she was being treated for. I thought she was dying and then she suddenly perked up. She was eating and running around. A couple of days later, she took a turn for the worse. I took her back to the vet and she told me that guinea pigs, like people, often get an energy spurt before they die. She felt that the humane thing to do was put Wolfbane to sleep. 9 years is a nice, long lifespan so you were both really lucky to have one another for that long.....

3. "Thank you, pinky, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    711 Rec'd/612 Posts
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Quoted
    380 Post(s)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had been following your posts about her and through them I just felt like I knew her. Rest in peace sweet Miley.

5. "Thank you, Kelsie, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    245 Rec'd/120 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

I'm so sorry for you loss. 9 years is a great life it shows the dedication and love you have for your furry babies.

I've only lost one piggie and that was during surgery. I dread the day my piggies will cross the rainbow bridge.

7. "Thank you, CavieGuy, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,316 Rec'd/5,831 Posts
    Mentioned
    2043 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3909 Post(s)

Nine years is a great life! I'm sorry for your loss.

9. "Thank you, bpatters, for this useful post," says:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    147 Rec'd/108 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

You were a wonderful parent to little Miley. She lived to the ripe old age of nine, and that alone shows the care and dedication you treated her with. She was lucky to have you as a piggy parent. Have fun frolicking in fields of timothy hay and lettuce, Miley!

User Tag List