Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nine Male Guinea Pigs (Will be for adoption in NJ/PA soon!)

CJMoore

Cavy Gazer
Recently we have taken on nine male guinea pigs, seven adults and two babies, as fosters from Helping All Little Things rescue. There were 17 males and around 8 females, all pregnant. The pigs where in a single room and the floor was covered in their waste, it was a hoarding case. The poor babies where held little, or not at all and where fighting with each other. Three of our fosters have scars on their backs and have possible mange. Also a few have very light cases of bumblefoot. Once they are all healed up and socialized they will be for adoption through Helping All Little Things.
Since they are still scared it is hard to see their personalities since they haven't opened up to us yet, but I will do my best to describe their personality the best I can. I have pictures of all of the boys but Querkle, I am sorry for that. He is hard to get a photo of.

Janga
Janga is a male adult with black eyes and a brindle coloring. He has a large dark brown spot on his left side, below it is a large light brown spot followed by another dark brown spot. His right side is white. He is currently being housed with MissingNo, Othelo, Lucas and Lewis but we would prefer him being adopted with Othelo since they seem to get along well and get upset when apart. Janga loves both baby guinea pigs very much and it is cute to see them together. Janga does not have any bumblefoot or wounds and seems to be the dominate guinea pig in the cage, because of this he shouldn't be adopted with Jax since he is also a very dominate guinea pig. Though he is scared, once in your arms he is a sweet boy that will happily squeak when petted.

MissingNo
MissingNois a adult male with pink eyes and has a tan head with a white stripe on his face going from the nose to the forehead. He also has a good sized tan spot on his rear, the rest of him is white.He is being housed with Janga, Othelo, Lucas and Lewis and there is no pig he is bonded with so any partner will do. He does NOT get along with Querkle and they should not be housed together and adopted out together. He can live with Jax, however it isn't the greatest pair. MissingNo is named have the pokemon that was not meant to be in the game and if caught it will glitch out the game in funny ways. We named him this because we didn't even realize he was there until we got home. We had miss counted and thought we had eight guinea pigs, not nine. MissingNo has slight bumblefoot and scars on his rear. He hasn't opened up to us much yet and it is hard to tell what his personality will be.

Othelo
Othelo is sometimes called Fellow or Thelo as nicknames. He is a baby male with pink eyes and is patterned with white and tan. He is completely healthy and quite tame. Othelo does very well with Lucas and Janga. He is a little scared of being picked up but he is very sweet and likes to cuddle. He is just a little more scared than Lucas, the other baby.Lucas
Lucas is a male baby with black eyes. He has tan and white markings and has two small black spots beside his ears. He is healthy with no wounds or bumblefoot. He does very well with Lewis and it is recommended that they are adopted together. He does very well with being picked up and loved. He doesn't seem like he was ever neglected.

Lewis
Lewis, also known as Louie, is a male adult with pink as and both tan and lilac on his face. Poor Lewis got bad bumblefoot on one foot which is causing him to have trouble walking as well as light wounds. He has bonded with Lucas and we hope that they are adopted together. Lewis is scared but will allow you to pick him up without problem, though he does tend to over react.

Jax
Jax is a huge dark brown and white male with black eyes. He is extreamly sweet and has no issue with being picked up. He is very comfortable in human laps and will just lay down and chill. He is a very good boy and would be good with kids. He was being held in the waiting room at the vet and didn't even flinch when dogs came into the room. He isn't bothered by much. He is being housed with Yukio but they are not very bonded and do not need to be adopted together. It is not recommended to adopt him with Janga or Querkle.

Yukio
Yukio is an adorable black eyed male with a brown face and two large black spots over both of his eyes. The rest of him his black. He has bald patches and mostly healed wounds on his back. Yukio does alright when being held, but needs some more time. He is very smart and figured out how to jump into the hay feeder and chill in there, chewing on the sweet, sweet hay.

Bingo
Bingo is an adult male with pink eyes. He has a large brown spot on his left side, below it is a large dark brown spot followed by another light brown spot. His right side is white. Bingo is the only guinea pig that can be housed with Querkle without a battle and for this reason we would like them to be adopted together. Bingo is unsure about people but is slowly gaining trust.

Querkle
Querkle is a tan dutch with pink eyes. Querkle doesn't play nice and cannot be housed with any guinea pig but Bingo. He has the worst wounds and a light case of bumblefoot. Querkle is terrified of humans and is difficult to hold. The poor baby needs a lot of love and attention in order to become the sweet baby I know he can be. Of course we will work with Querkle to get him tame before we even think about adopting him out, but we would like a more experienced person to adopt him. He can be adopted with Bingo or alone. He got something against MissingNo and they should not be together.

Here are the pictures. In order from top to bottom.
Janga, Yukio, MissingNo, Lewis, Othelo on the bottom Lucas on the top Jax is the adult.

Attachments

Janga.jpg Yukio.jpg MissingNo.jpg Lewis.jpg Jax, Othelo and Lucas.jpg
Last edited:

CJMoore

Cavy Gazer
I couldn't get a picture of Bingo in because of the picture limit. Here he is.

Attachments

Bingo.jpg

mdodge

Cavy Slave
I will be looking to adopt in about 2 months. I have a 6ft c&c cage presently I have 3 piggies one male and 2 females was going to be looking for one of each.I live in pa but i am from south Jersey.

CJMoore

Cavy Gazer
I will be looking to adopt in about 2 months. I have a 6ft c&c cage presently I have 3 piggies one male and 2 females was going to be looking for one of each.I live in pa but i am from south Jersey.
These piggys will need time to get ready to be placed, you can contact Helping All Little Things for information on adopting. I only foster, I don't go through the adoption process.
Here is their website.
haltrescue.com/

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.