Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C How to secure C&C wall of silence when you have a 12 inch side and 6 inch side

sbadaracco

Cavy Slave
i just got a great C&C cage with a 12 inch side to protect the wall and 3 six inch sides - coroplast. My question is how do you secure the wall of silence to the 12 inch side? you can only attach at the very top and the pigs just push their way right under to the other side of the cage. Right now to stop them i literally
have a 5#weight on the opposite side to stop him from getting though. this seems like a crazy design flaw.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: How to secure C&C wall of silence when you have a 12 inch side and 6 inch side

Coroplast isn't usually used as a wall -- it just sits inside the grids to hold bedding keep the poop from being flung out all over the room. You need grids or closet shelving (or something else) to act as a wall.

Can you post a picture of what you've got?

sbadaracco

Cavy Slave
Re: How to secure C&C wall of silence when you have a 12 inch side and 6 inch side

the coroplast tray is 6 inches high on three sides and 12 inches high on the back side to keep the mess off the wall. then there is the grids that surround the coroplast tray that act as the wall. the 12 inch side of the coroplast blocks the back grids so there is only one square showing of the grid to attach to. so you can attach to the top square but then the divider is fully inside the coroplast with nothing to attach to further down. the pig just blasts past this side into the other side. we have put a 5# wt on the other side to block him from doing this

sbadaracco

Cavy Slave

that just indicates it is a poor design then

lissie

Cavy Slave

that just indicates it is a poor design then

Why not contact the company? Although the owner of the site is the same owner with the shop, most of the us here won't know how to fix the problem for you. The forums is not part of the shop.

sbadaracco

Cavy Slave

yes i will, i also had a terrifying few minutes when one of my 6 week old baby guinea pigs got his head fully stuck through one of the squares of the panels and we literally had to cut him out with wire cutters to free him! i moved him and his brother to another cage with 1" squares till they are older. It was a nightmare - can't imagine what would have happened to him had i not been sitting right next to the cage when he did this.

lissie

Cavy Slave

C&C cages need to be babyproofed until the pigs are at least 6 months old. You can do that by either doubling up and overlapping the grids, or putting a piece of coroplast or cardboard between the tray and the grids.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

You can always punch holes in the coroplast and zip-tie it to the cage, top and/or bottom.

sbadaracco

Cavy Slave

thanks so much, we have 2 more babies on the way so will do this. (second rescue pig due in a few weeks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.