Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications Baytril- safe way to help taste?

AmyBufCo

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig was recently switched from Bactrim to Baytril and is not liking the transition from sugary, pink, delicious antibiotic to the Baytril (I don't blame her because it smells awful). Is there anything I could add to help with the taste? I've read somewhere about pina colada mix or orange juice (it would just be a tiny amount if I did). Thanks!

pinky

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig was recently switched from Bactrim to Baytril and is not liking the transition from sugary, pink, delicious antibiotic to the Baytril (I don't blame her because it smells awful). Is there anything I could add to help with the taste? I've read somewhere about pina colada mix or orange juice (it would just be a tiny amount if I did). Thanks!

I wouldn't mix it with anything because she might not end up getting all of the meds. If you have to, bundle her like a burrito so you can place the syringe between her gums and teeth a little easier so she gets the full dose.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.