Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing What about toys...

pigslave1

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if this is the right category to put this under, but I need some help with my toy problem. My little guinea pig has had the same toys since we got him, which was almost 3 years ago. I've got some new chews and a new bowl, but that's it. I would like to get some new toys for him. Does anyone have any ideas for CHEAP, COLORFUL toys that are safe for guinea pigs, or does anyone have any ideas for DIY, COLORFUL toys??? Please help. My guinea pig is getting severely bored with his cage.

80s_piggies

Cavy Slave
For me, my piggies were never much interested in convential "toys" so to speak. They get the happiest when I add things like tubes or new hidey places. It's not very colorful..but hay shoved in a clean empty toilet paper tube is a big hit. If you look online I know there are some tutorials to making fleece balls. Those look pretty fun :)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I gave mine a 12 pack soda can box the other day, I cut off the glued ends, they had a blast playing chase through the "tunnel" and chewing on it. Eventually they collapsed it and peed on it so I took it out, but it did relieve their boredom that day.

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
When I empty my glove boxes at work I take them home and they have fun with them. I also get the HUGE TP rolls from work that are heavy duty and big ended, they love them. Mine don't like conventional toys either. They love when I change up their cage after every cleaning. How big is your cage?

80s_piggies

Cavy Slave
So...I made one of those fleece poof balls I keep seeing online since I suggested it to you. My boys had a blast with it for a while, it was pretty funny. They kept pushing it all over the cage with their noses and popcorning on it lol

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
I saw a willow ball at the petstore for about $2 that they could chew on and roll around. My pigs loved it. And pretty much anything cardboard. I got a pair of converse at Christmas and the pigs got the box. It was their favorite toy ever! (I cut the glue stuff off and turned it into a tunnel)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.