Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mama and 3 pups....how much to feed.

MissPiggys

Cavy Gazer
We have a new Mama that 3 babies on Friday March 13th. All 3 babies already eat the pellets, hay , lettuce and dehydrated peppers from our own garden. The only thing that cant eat are carrots so far. How much should i be feeding them. Can i over feed them meaning they may not nurse enough ?? Keeping mama and babies in a smaller farm store cage (46"t by 22" ) so no one gets lost or ignored and she is still nursing them often but this morning they are just went to town on the salad i had to give more. Mama weighs 848 grams post delivery and babies were all good sizes...122g, 126g & 138 at birth. Each baby has lost about 6g yesterday. haven't weighed today. Thanks

P.S. Sorry i do not have an i button so it is just copy and paste so all my i's are lower case .

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd feed two or three cups of veggies daily for that many pigs.

Guineas Galore

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
As @bpatters said, 3 cups of veggies would be ideal, as well as access to plenty of hay and high quality pellets. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.