Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Dark Urine - please help !

Danii22

Cavy Slave
This morning I went to check on Chewy and he seemed okay. I noticed a couple dark spots of urine on his fleece.

His urine never seems to be this dark overnight. Today he's been eating and drinking like normal. Last night and this morning he was moving around and runs like normal. This afternoon though, he does seem a bit lethargic. He's lying with me now and hes barely moved off of my lap.

Im asking for advice if I should call a vet or if you think this is normal. He hasn't had any health problems before this.

If it helps last night for dinner he ate, a slice of green pepper and green leaf lettuce. He's eaten both before with no change of urgine color. Thank you in advance !
image1.jpg image2.jpg

Danii22

Cavy Slave
I forgot to add that he also ate a slice of blood orange. I don't know if this helps but I'm just trying to give all of the info!
thank you, thank you again!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Urine dries darker, and the blood orange could affect the color. I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets much worse, or you see blood clots in it.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'd line his carrier or a laundry basket with an old white t shirt and put him in there until he pees. You'll be able to get a better idea of the color of the urine. The darker areas concern me so I would try and determine whether or not it's blood.

Danii22

Cavy Slave
I'd line his carrier or a laundry basket with an old white t shirt and put him in there until he pees. You'll be able to get a better idea of the color of the urine. The darker areas concern me so I would try and determine whether or not it's blood.[/QUOUTE]

I just did this and his urine was clear/light yellow. Thank you so much for suggesting this. I'll still keep an eye on him but I really appreciate your help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.