Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/3 Posts

Possibility of Stones/UTI

Two days ago I saw my 2 1/2 year old female (her name is Bubbles) making a squeaking noise with a little kicking motion in her back legs. I know this is a classic sign of something going on in the genital area. My question is, does it definitely mean something serious (stones/UTI) is happening? I'm asking because she's only done it once and she seems to have been eating and drinking and acting normally since then.

I do have a vet appointment for her but our vet is ~40 minutes away so I'd rather know now if I should take her in.

Mentioned
    2127 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4140 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7,579 Rec'd/6,061 Posts

Re: Possibility of Stones/UTI

I wouldn't take her in for having done it once, but I'd definitely watch her like a hawk to see if it's happening on a regular basis. If she's squeaking when peeing and/or pooping, then get her into an exotic vet and ask for x-rays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/3 Posts

Re: Possibility of Stones/UTI

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    I wouldn't take her in for having done it once, but I'd definitely watch her like a hawk to see if it's happening on a regular basis. If she's squeaking when peeing and/or pooping, then get her into an exotic vet and ask for x-rays.
    Thanks. I think I'll watch her for a couple more days and then cancel the appointment.

User Tag List