Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

someone messed up gender

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I took in a group of sows with 2 *female* offspring. Turned out 1 is male. I put the little male with my neutered male that I was going to put all in the same cage but I have tons of space in our new house so oh well. Unfortunately the young ones were already over 8weeks old. Some females are starting to look pear shaped. I split them in to cages of 2 to simplify things. Now we wait and see. I'll start getting more frequent weights. Hopefully we can just keep them all but if all 4 have litters that might not be possible.

I've got a bunch of 6sq ft cages (critter and ferret nations) I might be able to splice together horizontally into (2) 12sq ft instead of stacking them like intended. I did that with the newer version of critter nations for the chinchillas to have plenty of room but the older versions I have extra of use bolts instead of sliding together.

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
I am on Omaha, If you end up having pups, I will take a female for my Pudge. Depending on where in Iowa you are.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave

EcthalionMCB

Cavy Slave
Beautiful babies! Love that shade of red

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
How adorable! I always LOVE American piggies with black hair! But both of them are so cute, if I didn't live over 1000 miles away I would try to talk my parents into letting me get a boy to make a trio... but that probably wouldn't be such a good idea since Eggs is still going through puberty and there has been quite a bit of teeth chattering lately... hope that ceases a bit when I (hopefully... fingers crossed!) expand.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I am on Omaha, If you end up having pups, I will take a female for my Pudge. Depending on where in Iowa you are.

I think the golden agouti roan is female but unfortunately we are in eastern Iowa. It is a 4hr drive. Not that we haven't gone that far for animals but it's not something we can do all the time. Right now we are paying 2 mortgages trying to sell our condo.

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Aww! They're precious!

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
If only I lived in Iowa... :)

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
How are are you from Omaha?? I want one so bad!

AmberCalzone

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness, those five are the cutest things ever! I really love both in the first litter, but gosh I think that cream + dark brown one takes the lead for me!

Major congratulations on all of them.

80s_piggies

Cavy Slave
So precious!

ciaraelise

Cavy Slave
Your pigs made the prettiest babies!!!! Holy Cannoli!!!

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
They are adorable! I'm glad nothing bad happened to the moms. :( I wish I was in iowa, i would definitely take one :love::love:

aqh88

Cavy Slave
My husband likes the cream and he doesn't usually like crests but the lilac crest only has white in the front giving it eyebrows lol I tried to get a pic of the lilac's nose but it washed out. It is perfectly divided between white and lilac. I'm really not sure how that happens.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.