Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fighting Boars Fighting

Summertoffee

Cavy Slave
My dad is making me get rid of some of my guinea pigs as we have to many and we can't afford them as we have 3 dogs.

I have to get rid of 2 boys but there's just one problem, they won't get along. Every time I try to put them I try to put them in the same cage, they will start attacking each other.

One day one even bit my friend. My friend was holding one called Bandit and we were letting Sunny roam around the room, then Sunny ran towards my friend and bit her.

My dad got mad at me because Sunny bit her and there was blood everywhere, my friend said it hurt but she still liked Sunny.

Since then they just fight every time I try to put them in together. But Bandit will get along with my 3 other boys and Sunny will get along with one called Hookfang.

I don't know what to do. As if I have to get rid of Bandit and Sunny I want them to go together so they aren't lonely but I don't want them to fight. Help please? :(

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Try a buddy bath. The "fear" of being bathed together supposedly scares them to bonding. Also after the bath, put the tenyiest tiniest bit of vanilla extract on their bum so they smell the same. Make you sure you've scrubbed down the cage completely and removed anything wooden. Wash food, fleece (if you use it), and water bottles. Then put them in at the same time and let them do their thing! Worked for my girls.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
(Make sure you let them dry before putting back I'm the cage)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.