Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    156 Rec'd/122 Posts

Rose's medical thread

I think Rose has an upset tummy. Her poops have been smaller than usual and have tails. Otherwise, she's eating, drinking and running around.
    I've cycled through the vegetables but there is nothing new in her diet. I have seen some improvement since I took her off cucumber.
    The only other change is the hay. I think she is eating less. I've been giving her orchard for a while now but I started a new box 3 weeks ago. I picked up some timothy yesterday and I have that in the cage today.

Is it possible the new box of hay is the culprit?

Would a probiotic be helpful?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    156 Rec'd/122 Posts

Re: Rose's medical thread

It looks like it's the hay not the veggies that were giving her poop problems. She's eating more timothy hay and her droppings are looking a lot better. Another clue is that there are pellets left over this morning. She's been gobbling them up lately.

She was spending a lot of time at the hay bin. I thought she was eating but she was spending time digging for peices she would eat. Since she was lying on top the the hay to dig, it flattened the pile and I thought she was eating a normal amount. I'll keep feeding 50/50 orchard and timothy and keep my eye on her.

I could not get her to take a probiotic. I sprinkled in on her favorite veggie but she wasn't fooled. Smart girl.

User Tag List