Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat how to make a grid bunk bed?

piggy_mom

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
i have seen several grid bunk beds for guinea pigs. i was wondering how to make them? :confused:

Demiba

Cavy Slave
I made mine by bending a grid in half for each one and then zip tying just the top part so I can lift them out of the way when cleaning the cage. It's kind of tricky to bend the grid without breaking it but it can be done. My girls love them.

LucidCavies

Cavy Slave
Good instructions and I am also pretty sure that they invented the idea:
(broken link removed)

lissie

Cavy Slave
Lots of bunk bed ideas here:
(broken link removed)

You'll need zip ties and coroplast.
Zip tie the grid to the cage, and line the bunkbed floor with coroplast.

LucidCavies

Cavy Slave
I seriously doubt that they "invented" the idea. Look through the photo gallery for lots of ideas. For instance, here's one that is simple but clever. It follows the lines of what Lissie is describing (I think).
their particular version... Im pretty sure they did, I could be wrong, no need to be rude

Soecara

Cavy Slave
@LucidCavies If you read the page you linked to it says "We were inspired to make our own bunk beds after seeing (broken link removed)".

4cavies

Cavy Slave
Man, people can get pretty snappy on here.

LucidCavies

Cavy Slave
@Soecara Do you really think I would link something that I didn't read? I thought it was the first of their kind. There is no need for you to be snippy. And it sees to me that I'm not the only one noticing it...

Soecara

Cavy Slave
@Soecara Do you really think I would link something that I didn't read? I thought it was the first of their kind. There is no need for you to be snippy. And it sees to me that I'm not the only one noticing it...

Tone is not conveyed at all across the internet. When I was typing it I was in no way intending to come off as snippy. I was simply trying to inform you of information that you seemed to be missing. I assumed it was entirely possible you had either missed that link or you interpreted it in a way they did not intend.

Anyway back on topic, the bunk beds seem simple enough to make with grids and fleece you just need to get creative if an existing design doesn't work for you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.