Thread: Need grids/cubes and coroplast but cant find anywhere in England!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Need grids/cubes and coroplast but cant find anywhere in England!

I'm looking to make my first ever C&C cage for my three girlies, though it'll have to be split half way through as currently one of them don't get along with my 8 week old guinea pig.

Does anyone know decent places that are cheap ish which sell the grids/cubes and coroplast is it? I can't seem to find the coroplast anywhere, let alone the grids/cubes. Only reason I'm saying cheap ish is I've currently got family problems in which we're currently low on money but my girlies need a bigger place to run around in etc.

I don't drive, so it needs to be online stores. I have found this: http://www.grendle.co.uk/web/index.p...53&search=cube but it's a bit expensive... And well out of my budget at the moment.

I'd also need to find some sort of fleecing? Where would I be able to find this in the UK?

I'm looking to make a 2x8 C&C cage (I'm not sure on this as it's my first time with a C&C cage)

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,011 Rec'd/5,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3616 Post(s)

Re: Need grids/cubes and coroplast but cant find anywhere in England!

You probably can't buy coroplast on line because the shipping would be prohibitive because of the size. But I think it's called correx there, so googling it might turn up something. There's also a searchable database over at Guinea Pig Zone, and you might find something there. Or, you can use a shower curtain, lineoleum, or anything waterproof on the bottom. You just have to protect it so the pigs won't eat it.

Fleece is available at fabric stores.

I still think you can put that eight week old in with the others. It's VERY rare for sows not to accept a baby, and a little squabbling is to be expected.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    You probably can't buy coroplast on line because the shipping would be prohibitive because of the size. But I think it's called correx there, so googling it might turn up something. There's also a searchable database over at Guinea Pig Zone, and you might find something there. Or, you can use a shower curtain, lineoleum, or anything waterproof on the bottom. You just have to protect it so the pigs won't eat it.

Fleece is available at fabric stores.

I still think you can put that eight week old in with the others. It's VERY rare for sows not to accept a baby, and a little squabbling is to be expected.
    Thank-you for this. And I put her in with them, only one of them accepted her though... My other one ended up biting her causing her to bleed so I removed her from the cage immediately...

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,011 Rec'd/5,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3616 Post(s)

Did you read the link I posted for you about introductions? http://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html You can't just put a pig in with other pigs and expect there not to be some aggression.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2,334 Rec'd/1,695 Posts
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1003 Post(s)

You can buy cubes from Amazon. This one offers free shipping.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000789RSQ

Correx
    http://www.teacratepackaging.co.uk/correx-board

Looks like this one offers free postage.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floor-Prot...-/171327377282

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I have found Correx and the cubes/grids and it's got about 26 cubes/grids & 32 connectors for like £35.99 and the Correx: £15.40 Thanks everyone for your advice etc, I'll be buying this the end of next month when I have a bit more money and can then make my first C&C cage!
    I've also gone an bought some fleeces ready for when I build my C&C cage... c; Thanks everyone.

User Tag List