Thread: Where do you buy fleece? Is it hard to take care of?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

Where do you buy fleece? Is it hard to take care of?

I'm interested in using fleece for Holly's cage but I was wondering if it was hard to take care of? What all is there to it? Where can it be purchased? Thanks for the help.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

Re: Where do you buy fleece? Is it hard to take care of?

If you live by a Joann fabric story that would be one of the best options to get fleece from! I believe you can roll out the fleece to the measurements you need and buy for how much the size is. I haven't been there in quite some time so I may be wrong. But if not, smaller fleece blankets can be found in stores such as Walmart and target. For cleaning all you have to do is spot clean everyday. You can make a sack of the blanket with the poop in it an dump the poop in a trashcan or shake the blankets off in the cage and vacuum the poop out of the cage. Whatever is easiest for you! You also need to wash the blankets every 3-4 days. I forgot the specifics on the certain types of washing detergent you can't use for you piggie so I would look that up before washing. You can even wash with a small amount of vinegar for any smelly blankets! Overall I think using fleece is very simple, I love using it for my piggie!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    23 Rec'd/16 Posts

I love using fleece! I get mine at Joann fabric, but it's also available at Hobby Lobby, Walmart, and online (joann.com). I sweep mine up with a small hand broom and dustpan every morning and wash once a week with free and clear soap. You do need something under it, because the fleece doesn't absorb any of the wetness. For that I use towels and a mattress protector. I was really leery to make the switch to fleece but now I love it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

Awesome! I'm definitely making the switch.

User Tag List