Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi! Thanks for all the threads and advice!

thling06

Cavy Slave
Hi All,

Firstly, I have been following the threads on advice for my piggie since I got him 2 weeks ago. His name is Digger and he is actually adopted. I saw him in one of the farm and he looked so scared and miserable, I had to take him home to the horror of my poor husband. Unfortunately, it was quite an impromptu decision so every evening for the past two weeks I have been diligently monitoring his progress and checking this thread! Enough about me though, in Digger, I found that:-

1) Very clean for a rodent - he poo only in one spot and never ever in his little house.
2) After following advice (putting cover on his cage first week etc), he now sleeps outside his house every time I am around
3) He loves his veggies! But I need to cut him down though as I wrongly fed him too much kale and carrots (he loves it so much though) - according to a thread
4) He hates phone noises or whistles - so any phone is ringing on the telly I switch it off
5) He dreams in his sleep sometimes -
6) He loves hay a lot. I am thinking of trying those wheat grass to grow in doors to get fresh grass
7) He is very quiet except when I cuddle him and when he is lost on the floor and looking for me.

It was really an eye opener and has improve my own well being. He is improving by leaps. If only he lets me cuddle him for more than 10 minutes. Now it is up to me as his guardian to improve as well! If there is a thread that you think I should read, drop me an e-mail.

Celine Chorney

Cavy Slave
Hi. Digger sounds very sweet. Welcome and can't wait to see pics

bmt28

Cavy Slave
This is a great group! Check out all the amazing cages and you will get inspired! Does Digger have a buddy???

thling06

Cavy Slave
Hi bmt,

Unfortunately, I think I was tricked though. The guy who gave my Digger said never EVER put him with another guinea pig as he does not seem to get along with any. He was at the adoption centre for 6 months +. Chances are we will take on another as he seems friendly enough with us when we move to a bigger place. Also as many forum points out, it is advantages to get him a friend. Will most likely adopt again..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.