Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Floor Time!

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave
Big floor time! So much room that they don't know what to do with it!
image.jpg

Attachments

image.jpg

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
That's awesome! I'm sure they must love it!

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave
Only one piggy runs around. The other two just hide. :/

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Only one piggy runs around. The other two just hide. :/
That's how mine are. Bailey and Mocha (the ones that run around) aren't shy and they popcorn and zoom around and Emmy (super shy) hides until I leave lol

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave
That's how mine are. Bailey and Mocha (the ones that run around) aren't shy and they popcorn and zoom around and Emmy (super shy) hides until I leave lol

Bailey is a wonderful name ^_^

it's the first time that they've been in an area that big, so they might just be getting used to it.. My dogs don't help either.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Lol Bailey is the most friendly guinea pig you will ever meet. She gets a long with all guinea pigs (I've only introduced her to two but she loved them both) she loves to cuddle (you can fall asleep with her and she snuggle against you) she gives kisses, she cases my hand when I clean the cage (in a I smell food kinda way) and she loves my dog! And my dad's cat! She rubs noses with her all the time! She also takes food from any one and comes when calls. I thinks she's more dog then guinea pig lol

Rywen

Cavy Slave
That's awesome space. Can they get traction on the wood floor? Ferb was sliding all over the place when I put him on mine. It was funny.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
That's awesome space. Can they get traction on the wood floor? Ferb was sliding all over the place when I put him on mine. It was funny.
Lol that's funny! He was wood Skating lol

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
That happens to my pigs to. I usually lay down some old fleece blankets.

Fay

Cavy Slave
If you use fleece in your cage you could lay it over the floor before cleaning it in the laundry or cozies. They might feel less afraid if they can smell their home. Placing tons of tunnels and hiding places all over the area will also help them feel less intimidated by the big open space (You could grab a stack of paper bags and a bunch of cardboard boxes and go crazy!).

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave

When I read this, I was really confused, because I have a dog named Ferb, and he slides around on the floor! But the piggies seemed to do fine on it. They spent most of their time near the door and by the carpeted stairs (which you cannot see in the picture).

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'd cover the floor. If they pee on there and it gets between the spaces in the wood floor, it might ruin it.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I'll see if Ferb and Penny can move better on the fleece on the hardwoods. Usually they are on fleece on top of the carpet, but I am getting rid of the carpet and getting all hardwood flooring (yay!). @baileyrianne Ferb is an awesome name for a dog too!

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
I use a play pen for my pigs to run around in. Would be lost with out it to be honest.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.