Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi guys :)

Nicci

Cavy Slave
Hey piggy lovers!

My name's Nicci, I'm a 20 year old student from Newcastle, England. I currently have two very beautiful boars, Oscar (white, ginger & black) and Eliot (brown & sandy). Oscar is around a year and a half now, and is a super laid back boy who would happily cuddle all day. Eliot is about 9 months and is very mischievous - he's always getting into something that he shouldn't be! I absolutely adore both of them.

A little bit about how I ended up with my boys:

Last October, my flatmate and I made the decision to get guinea pigs. Oscar (ginger and white) fell into my lap literally a week later; he'd been living with two other boars that were bullying him relentlessly and the lady wanted him gone. When I picked him up he was in a cage lined with sawdust, with no house and no toys.The initial plan was that we'd go via a rescue to get a buddy for him, but unfortunately we soon discovered that Oscar had some skin issues that we wanted to resolve before he got a new friend. Fast-forward 6 months, and I first laid eyes on Eliot. He was all skin and bones, was seriously ill and was so small that my family kept trying to tell me that I'd picked up a hamster instead! He spent nearly 5 weeks in and out of the vets, and then a further three in quarantine before he was finally allowed to meet Oscar. The two of them hit it off straight away, and they've been best buddies ever since!

Thanks for having me! Can't wait to have a mooch around and see what's what! :)

laptopcuddles.jpg IMG_9550.jpg IMG_1558.jpg

Jmoore77

Cavy Slave
Welcome!!! Your guinea pigs are so cute!

Nicci

Cavy Slave

pinky

Cavy Slave
Double cuteness! Thanks for sharing and welcome!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi there and welcome to the forum! Your piggies are adorable, I'm glad they found a great forever home with you!

Nicci

Cavy Slave
Hi Nicci, It's so nice to meet you and your adorable boys. Thank you so much for rescuing those piggies. I'm so sorry that you had to spend so much time trying to get those guys back to good health. But I'm absolutely sure that they will return all that love and care many times over.

Thanks for having us! They were totally worth every moment of worry :)

Nicci

Cavy Slave
Thank you! They're wonderful boys - I'm lucky to have found them :)

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Thank you for rescuing those piggies. Im sure they will bring you many years of cuteness!

Tarams

Cavy Slave
They are so lucky to have found you, not many people would take in a sick piggy. They are adorable!

Nicci

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Thank you for rescuing those piggies. Im sure they will bring you many years of cuteness!
Thank you! They've already started - they are worth every moment ;)

Nicci

Cavy Slave
They are so lucky to have found you, not many people would take in a sick piggy. They are adorable!
Thank you! :) They are worth every moment spent at the vets waiting for them to get better, and more :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.