Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Monthly chatroom meetups?

Fay

Cavy Slave
We have this great chatroom functionality on the website but nobody is really using it so I have a suggestion...

What if we set a time once a month where we all meet up on the chatroom (a time that would work for both US and EU - 10am PST/6pm GMT on a Saturday or Sunday?). We could have a different topic every month where a knowledgeable piggy owner could share what they know about something specific like medical, care, or just something more fun. Such as pregnancy, diet, how to make cozies etc. (This could be pre-approved by the mods depending on topic) and we could all add our input towards that topic. In addition to that we could have a Q&A section during the meetup to allow both veteran and new piggy owners to ask their questions right there and then to get immediate feedback. Would all of you like to do something like that? Of course there would have to be rules to avoid drama but I think it would be a great way to get the community closer together and for everyone to learn new things.

that's a good idea!

Love it! Where is this chat room, anyway?

It's just at the bottom of your screen, actually.:)

*Doesn't see a link anywhere to a chat room*

Hmmm, I don't know where yours would be, sorry!

*Doesn't see a link anywhere to a chat room*

If you look allll the way down to the bottom left corner, past the edge of the thread, you will see the word "chatrooms". Click on that and you are there! :)

It's a bit tricky to notice, you can find it here:

Monthly chatroom meetups?

I also noticed that the chatroom isn't there when I visit the website on my tablet so I think you can only see it on your PC browser (I use Chrome).

There's also a little blue balloon at the bottom right of your screen that will take you to the chat room.

Was worried about my piggy Anna she goes to school is the class guinea pig but I take her home every day and over the weekend. I teach 1st grade and she got sick urinating too much I was scared her kidneys were not working but read your threads and saw she was eating lots of carrots and corn and the children try to give her cookies and probably succeeded she is on a strict no sugar diet and is much better thank you for helping. P

If I have the permission from the moderators I could set up an event/chatroom meetup for January?

Was worried about my piggy Anna she goes to school is the class guinea pig but I take her home every day and over the weekend. I teach 1st grade and she got sick urinating too much I was scared her kidneys were not working but read your threads and saw she was eating lots of carrots and corn and the children try to give her cookies and probably succeeded she is on a strict no sugar diet and is much better thank you for helping. P

Also, donna9rocket, you should start a new thread with your question in the diet forum category so that people can find it and help you out :) (or maybe a moderator could move it).

There's no problem with scheduling a chat room meet-up.

Saturday or sunday?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.