Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Re: Petco is buying Drs. Foster and Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I just went back and stocked up more on Mooshy's Smaks cookie treats! Price you can't beat, I mean they've had it as buy 3 and you get it for $3.59 each and now it's $2.39 each! I cut a cookie in half and give it to her for dessert at night. She loves them as a treat. The site is super slow so I think everyone is there stocking up! Not sure when the sale ends as it could be today so I'm back stocking up again!

Oh and at the end you can take a survey. Go through the whole thing because at the end you can put your comments, and that's where I'm going to write about Petco taking over....
    If I could store more stuff I would be stocking on everything. Their website had been very slow and at one point I got kicked off completely. I am glad it wasn't just me.
    They are having some great deals, the Cyber Monday 50% deals/15% off the site, do end tonight at 11:59 CST.
    I did take the survey and posted my complaints in the comment section. You will also get another survey once you receive your stuff, I will be commenting again on that as well.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    17 Rec'd/12 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I've already been shopping at That Pet Place for most things for a while now, as their prices are better than F&S, PetSmart or Petco. I did love F&S's customer service and selection. Oh well.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklederp View Post
    I've already been shopping at That Pet Place for most things for a while now, as their prices are better than F&S, PetSmart or Petco. I did love F&S's customer service and selection. Oh well.
    I've bought stuff from That Pet Place too. They do have some of my favorite gravel and rocks there, it makes a wonderful natural river scenes. At one point I made a cost comparative list between the two sites and ordered from both when I needed supplies, but soon I got tired of paying for the shipping because you had to have $99 or more for free ship. Felt like I was wasting money.
    Though I have been looking at Pet Solutions and that site doesn't look too bad, but I have never ordered from there.

Thanks
    Thanks
    61 Rec'd/58 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

Ok, I've never bought from them, but this totally saddens me. If everyone takes the survey and writes in their comments as soon as possible, the sale may not go through. If, as a lot of you have said, their customer service really is bar none, then they do care about their customers, they are probably just desperate for the monetary backing Petco can give them. I know that Walmart does listen to a lot of their customer suggestions (the ones that make sense anyway). I know a lot of people think that surveys are bogus, but they're not. Please go and take it sooner rather than later.

I don't have piggies yet, but when I get paid tomorrow, I'm going to buy something for my future piggies just so I can take the survey. I hate things like this, it just gets under my skin.....

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Artista's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    504 Rec'd/376 Posts
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koalamissy View Post
    Ok, I've never bought from them, but this totally saddens me. If everyone takes the survey and writes in their comments as soon as possible, the sale may not go through. If, as a lot of you have said, their customer service really is bar none, then they do care about their customers, they are probably just desperate for the monetary backing Petco can give them. I know that Walmart does listen to a lot of their customer suggestions (the ones that make sense anyway). I know a lot of people think that surveys are bogus, but they're not. Please go and take it sooner rather than later.

I don't have piggies yet, but when I get paid tomorrow, I'm going to buy something for my future piggies just so I can take the survey. I hate things like this, it just gets under my skin.....
    Sadly I don't think us commenting will make a difference. It's all about business and Dr F & S are not wanting to be in it anymore and have decided to sell their biz to Petco. They will still have a ton of customers especially if they keep their prices as is.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    17 Rec'd/12 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Starka View Post
    I've bought stuff from That Pet Place too. They do have some of my favorite gravel and rocks there, it makes a wonderful natural river scenes. At one point I made a cost comparative list between the two sites and ordered from both when I needed supplies, but soon I got tired of paying for the shipping because you had to have $99 or more for free ship. Felt like I was wasting money.
    Though I have been looking at Pet Solutions and that site doesn't look too bad, but I have never ordered from there.
    I'll have to check out Pet Solutions, I have no experience with them yet. I definitely prefer to buy everything online as far as supplies go, so if I have one more shopping option I'll be happy.

Thanks
    Thanks
    206 Rec'd/165 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

I've only ever bought fish supplies that are unavailable locally. Everything for my pigs I buy from the feed store.
    bigalsonline is usually cheaper by despite shipping from canada and often has more variety and better quality supplies.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aqh88 View Post
    bigalsonline is usually cheaper by despite shipping from canada and often has more variety and better quality supplies.
    I forgot about Big Al's. It is a little pricey on shipping but its well priced and has a good variety of stock.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    47 Rec'd/39 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Dr Foster and Smith has a 20% off sale on Oxbow pellets right now.

Thanks
    Thanks
    6 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by foggycreekcavy View Post
    First Petfinder, and now this.
    Nooooo... Petfinder? :O

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    16 Rec'd/10 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

There is a local feed store here where I live that my Uncle buys his feed for his Guineas (birds, not pigs) and chickens, and he told me that they have pellets for rabbits and Guinea pigs and I can get 50lbs for only $10. I told him that I wasn't sure if they were the right pellets or not, so he told me to bring the ingredient list off of the back of my Oxbow pellets bag and he would take it with him the next time he went and get the lady there to see if they have the same stuff. I hope they do, because $10 for 50lbs of pellets is a great deal. He is also gonna check on hay for me too. I usually buy my hay from Dr.s Foster and Smith because they have great prices and you get a lot for your money, but if Petco does take over that could all change and the hay they sell at Petco sucks! My sister gave me a reward coupon she got for buying all her dog and cat supplies there, so it was a free 10$ to spend so I got a bag of there hay and my piggies wouldn't even touch it!

Thanks
    Thanks
    6,920 Rec'd/5,484 Posts
    Mentioned
    1953 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3552 Post(s)

Be very careful of pellets from a feed store. They're often sky high in calcium, and I've known more than one pig that developed urinary tract stones at a young age after eating feed store pellets.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Artista's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    504 Rec'd/376 Posts
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)

I've never heard of any pellet brand better than KMS. I will always buy this while hay can be switched between companies though I have a strong preference for SPS for 3rd cut and KMS blue grass.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    16 Rec'd/10 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    Be very careful of pellets from a feed store. They're often sky high in calcium, and I've known more than one pig that developed urinary tract stones at a young age after eating feed store pellets.
    That's what I am worried about, that the pellets aren't the same quality as Oxbow and that they may have more of one ingredient that they don't need a lot of and not enough of one that they do need. My Uncle said he would get the people there to give him a list of exactly all the ingredients so I can compare them to the Oxbow for myself. I so hope they are good cuz that is a good deal, but if not I will just stick with what I got now, I certainly don't want to jeopardize the health of my piggies!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    736 Rec'd/509 Posts
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

In addition to this and Petfinder, they have a big stake in Rover.com. I do use Rover because it's the only big service where you can find people who will watch your dog in their home. My dog is adopted and has massive separation anxiety issues, so he needs to be in a home environment, preferably with other dogs, and we found a great sitter via Rover. I was surprised to find out that they're affiliated with Petco.

Thanks
    Thanks
    20 Rec'd/14 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Petco Officially bought Dr. Foster Smith.

http://www.petco.com/petco_page_PC_d...cm_em=32811057

User Tag List