Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New member! :)

omgolivia123

Cavy Slave
Hello everybody! I'm Olivia. I'm a new member here and I'm not exactly sure what to do or where to post, haha! I use the tapatalk app to come here. So hopefully I'm doing this right! :)

Anyways. I have one boy! His name is Simba. I rescued him. My sister knew somebody who took poor care of him and then she took him in for a week while I set up his house (which is nice and big!) and then I took him. Well, his previous cage was so small and dirty. He didn't eat anything fresh. It was a disaster. I knew I was going to have my hands full. So, not only that, he was very aggressive and would alway bite or try to bite! So, I'm assuming they never socialized him or anything. I've only had him two months and he has come a ways and still has a ways to go. He really loves my grandma, lol. He likes his head pet quite a lot! It took me a month before he even made his "happy noise" as I call it, haha. He's way healthier and everything now. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to add more guinea pigs to the family. But I am clueless on how to go about that with the aggression problems. I just don't even want to think about how the past owners probably were.. Disgusting.

One day he was content enough and hung out with me in my blanket for a good half hour and I managed to snap a pretty cute picture of him. :)

AmberCalzone

Cavy Slave
Oh, Simba is just adorable <3 Thank you for rescuing and rehabilitating him. I know it's a lot work, but it's so worth it!

omgolivia123

Cavy Slave
Thank you Amber! It is so much work. I have other fur babies. He is the one I have the hardest time with and I just love him anyways.

I am excited for the day I could maybe get him a friend and him just not think everybody is out to hurt him! He's so worth all the work.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi there and welcome to the forum! Thank you so much for rescuing that adorable piggie! Just because he's aggressive with people doesn't mean he will be aggressive with other piggies, if that is of concern to you.

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum. Bummer, I can't see your Simba. Maybe another time. Thank you for rescuing him!!

omgolivia123

Cavy Slave
Rywen, yes that is what I'm scared of! Lol. Do you think it would be a good idea?

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Hey there! My name is Sofia, and I'm just going to start of by cyber-hugging you for rescuing a darling like Simba! I love it when people do their research before just buying an animal from a pet store on impulse! Welcome!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I think it's a great idea. Piggies are herd animals and are much happier with another piggie. If there's a piggie rescue or shelter near you that will let Simba meet and pick a friend that's the best route to go. Please be sure you are adopting another male (compare their genitalia and make sure they match) or a spayed female.

omgolivia123

Cavy Slave
I will for sure do that! I was just so nervous. I know they like friends but with the aggression I didn't know if it would be a good idea. Thank you! :)

PopcorningPigs

Cavy Slave
I'm so glad you rescued!! Btw at first I was totally lost on this website and I still kinda am! :)

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! So happy you decided to rescue. As for the behavior, just try to hold him and give him lots of veggies. You know what they say, the way to a guinea pig's heart it through its stomach! Haha.

143sheri

Cavy Slave
OMG!!! BIG HUG!!!! He is adorable! It sounds like you have put in a lot of time. Kudos!!! He is so lucky to have found you!! Keep up the great work, your doing just fine! Welcome to the family!

NinjaAlena

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!!! Yes great job on rescuing! I'm sure he's much more happy in your care than in his previous owners... He would definetly love a companion! And of course if you have any questions just ask :)

omgolivia123

Cavy Slave
Simba finally got a friend today! I was supposed to be getting a spayed girl but things didn't work. And I went up to the shelter today (it's a good one!) and there was this fluffy ball sitting in his house. It was like love at first sight! He is super friendly! :)

His name is Mufasa! Yea, they are named after lion king ;)

This picture was on the way home. He is currently in a big cage by himself and I have Simba on the other side of the wall. That way they can start to talk. :) I really hope the introductions go well!

Mufasa is about 5 months old. Simba is over a year old. :)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Oh wow, look at all of that fur! Mufasa is a cutie! My niece would approve of the names, she's all about the Lion King, she even had a Simba party for her 4th birthday.

omgolivia123

Cavy Slave
I hope to get better pictures soon!

I love lion king too! One of my ferrets is named Nala.. Haha!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.