Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

How It All Began

Ever since my Hamster died I had wanted a guinea pig! But didn't know where the best place to get one was! I had heard lots of bad stuff about buying from petstores but I couldn't find a rescue near me! So I had heard of a person on facebook selling some very close! within a few days my mom drove me down there! I had already bought all the supplies a week ahead! The lady only had two left and naturally I fell in love as soon as I saw them! She sold them to me for $10 each but had nothing for the travel home. I would still say I rescued them though. I did not get to directly see what they had been living in but I had heard that one of their sibilings had somehow managed to escape and died from the fall. Another had gotten loose and went missing but they never found him... The mother as well had been out several times! I'm just glad the two I got are now safe from ever being neglected!

Thanks
    Thanks
    867 Rec'd/748 Posts
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)

Re: How It All Began

Hi and welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pigtures of your piggies, are they boys or girls?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    147 Rec'd/108 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Welcome! Do you know about all the necessities to care for them? (Cage, pellets, veggies, hay...) If not, feel free to ask any questions you have. I'd love to see pictures!

Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rywen View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pigtures of your piggies, are they boys or girls?
    They are girls! ��

Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenna18155 View Post
    Welcome! Do you know about all the necessities to care for them? (Cage, pellets, veggies, hay...) If not, feel free to ask any questions you have. I'd love to see pictures!
    Yes! I have a large standard c&c cage off this website on its way! And I feed them kaytee pellets and Timothy hay! Also everyday when they come out for playtime they get about a cup of fresh veggies! They really like kale!

6. "Thank you, PopcorningPigs, for this useful post," says:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    147 Rec'd/108 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Perfect! If you can, videotape your pigs being introduced to their C&C. I wish I had with mine; their reactions were priceless. The pups zoomed around and popcorned in pure joy, it was hilarious.

Their diet sounds pretty good; just make sure you're not giving them too many pellets. 1/8 cup pet pig per day is good. And you might want to look into getting them Oxbow pellets--Kaytee aren't the best quality. I'm in the process of getting mine some better pellets, because they're on Kaytee ones as well. Oh, and you might want to see if they like grass. They can have as much as they like and many piggies love it. It's free, too. Of course, you don't have to, but it's a nice little treat for guinea pigs.

Kudos to you for getting a C&C and a nice balanced diet. Many cavy owners don't do that much research, but you're being a great piggy parent.

Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenna18155 View Post
    Perfect! If you can, videotape your pigs being introduced to their C&C. I wish I had with mine; their reactions were priceless. The pups zoomed around and popcorned in pure joy, it was hilarious.

Their diet sounds pretty good; just make sure you're not giving them too many pellets. 1/8 cup pet pig per day is good. And you might want to look into getting them Oxbow pellets--Kaytee aren't the best quality. I'm in the process of getting mine some better pellets, because they're on Kaytee ones as well. Oh, and you might want to see if they like grass. They can have as much as they like and many piggies love it. It's free, too. Of course, you don't have to, but it's a nice little treat for guinea pigs.

Kudos to you for getting a C&C and a nice balanced diet. Many cavy owners don't do that much research, but you're being a great piggy parent.
    Thanks!! They do get grass every once in a while along with some clover but not to often because it is pretty rich!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    80 Rec'd/58 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

If they're younger pigs they need unlimited pellets.

10. "Thank you, Pawesomepet, for this useful post," says:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    147 Rec'd/108 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

In their profile, OP states that they've had their pigs "for almost a year." So it sounds like they're big pigs, not babies

Thanks
    Thanks
    14 Rec'd/14 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum! You sound like a great piggie owner

Thanks
    Thanks
    106 Rec'd/98 Posts