Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Blood in Urine for a YEAR now

VBaamonde

Cavy Slave
Hi guys! I have 2 piggies, Scamp and Peeve. About 4 months after I got Scamp (and when I got her she was full grown but less than a year old) she had her first instance of blood in her urine.

I'll spare you the long story but let's just say 4 vets, a urine culture, urinalysis, ultrasound, xray, and exploratory spay and about $2000 later my poor Scamp still has chronic blood in her urine. It is not stones, she was negative for a UTI and they saw nothing abnormal with her reproductive system or bladder. She is a medical mystery.

But she seems to be in pain OCCASIONALLY when she has blood in her urine (which is not every day, but is fairly often). But she eats, drinks and plays with her brother.

I'm just afraid every time I see it, this is the time something awful Will happen. I give her metacam whenever she has a flare up though I'm not sure it helps.

Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks for reading!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.