Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada best place to buy anti-pill or polar fleece in canada

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
Hi, i live in BC, Canada. I have heard of many people in the states who buy their fleece at Joann's or Walmart, but we don't have a Joann's and our Walmart does not have a fabric section. I have found many places that sell microfleece (including Walmart), but i have read that it is not the best for bedding. i was wondering where Canadians buy their fleece fabric or blankets, and if they are able to get reasonable prices. Ordering from the states gets much too expensive because of shipping, processing, and custom fees. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

3GPigsplus1more

Cavy Slave
There are Fabriclands in BC. Just google it and you will find they may not have the extensive selection that Joann's has, but enough to choose.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I too am in Canada, although I'm on the opposite side of the country. I have seen lots of people talking about Joann's so I decided to see what their shipping is like. Right now they're having a 50% off fleece sale so it is all a reasonable price. I placed a large order and with taxes and shipping it worked out to only about $6.50 per yard, which is decent.

Also check out local fabric stores, you may be able to find a fabricland near by or any other number of independent stores.

3GPigsplus1more

Cavy Slave
Joann's shipping is a hit and miss. I find that their shipping costs may be low sometimes and I get lucky, where other times for the same order get hit really hard. I have been going back and forth with them about this. Such a hassle but they do end up refunding the difference. Their only explanation why it is so variant is that when you get a shipping cost it is only a quote. When you get your final bill from them have a look at shipping. Watch out for this!

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
Thank you for all your replies. I will give FabricLand a try and take a look at Joann's. I was just hoping there might be some place I missed, maybe that sold inexpensive linens or something. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.